ten

Pure Chaos

Trouble Maker.

Oftentimes, that's what Y/N was called when she was still in the orphanage. A child who always pulls out plants from pots, throws bugs at her fellow orphans, scares kids younger than her, and many more.

That attitude never left her and she has it till now. "Meddling with other people's businesses is my kind of fun," is what she calls it. She's willing to put her life at risk just to get the hottest tea she can know.

Just like now. She skipped school and the weekly meeting with Tenjiku to go to Tokyo. To further my investigation, yes, that's it.

Y/N smashed her smallest piggy bank to get the amount she needed to buy a train ticket to get herself to Tokyo from Yokohama.

It was already five in the afternoon when she arrived where she's going. Tokyo, Shibuya Ward—Musashi Shrine. The sun is setting and fewer and fewer people are walking around the shrine. The place is a bit off the beaten track, as it was at the farthest part of the neighborhood.

This took me back in time.

An hour later, a hundred motorcycles appeared at the temple's empty lot. They parked in order and the uniformed men climbed their way to the shrine.

They're here, they're here.

Y/N hid behind the bushes near the shrine's arch. She almost got seen when the first division members walked past her.

Within five minutes, all members of the Tokyo Manji Gang are already lined up according to their divisions. Mikey stands on the stairs with Draken behind him, both of their hands in their pockets.

"The nomination for the Tokyo Manji Gang's third division captain will now begin!" Draken yelled.

Y/N frowned in astonishment. Third division captain? Isn't it Pah-chin?

She looked around only to be more confused. Pah-chin is not there. Also, there seems to be a new recruit—a corn-head short guy whose hair is gelled upwards. He's wearing a red hoodie that says "MYWAY".

A lot of negative whispers filled the area. She heard one of them saying, "Peh-yan stabbed Draken, there's no way in hell he'd get nominated."

It pushed her into utter shock. To hear her past friends allegedly trying to kill each other is just unbelievable for her.

Suddenly, Mikey shouted. "Third division captain, step forward!"

I thought the nomination just started?

The sea of men in black seemed to be split by a demon, as a familiar guy walked through the Toman members with another guy taller than him following him. They made a path for him, although confused too, to get into the stairs where Mikey is.

He walked past her and turned in her direction with a small smirk on his lips. That smile was so scary and she was sure it was the ugliest thing she had ever seen.

His gaze lasted for about five seconds before he turned his back on her and sat on the stairs beside Mikey, manspreading and then placing his arms on top of his knees.

Y/N tried recalling where she saw him before because that guy definitely rings a bell in her head.

Tan-skinned like Izana... Where did I see such a guy again? And oh, glasses... big glasses. Where, where, where–the orphanage.

A guy wearing big glasses who always passed by her orphanage before was the same man who occupies her brain now. His light skin is now tanned, hair dyed into a shade of poopy gold and gelled. His height seemed to increase, too.

Many resented Mikey's decision. Even she is also against it, because who wouldn't hate an obviously arrogant guy?

He looks so ugly... What's happening in Tokyo Manji?

"Listen up, morons! The guy behind me is the third division's new captain, Tetta Kisaki!"

He's... what?

Shouts of disapproval rang out in the shrine. She would have been one of them but she remembered that she was hiding.

Mikey then explained the plan they were gonna do: to have Kisaki as their ally and overpower Valhalla to destroy it. He also expressed how Kisaki is such a great help and that Toman members should acknowledge his presence and existence as the new Tokyo Manji Gang member.

Mikey then turned his back and walked out, dismissing the meeting. But the meeting did not end there peacefully.

Suddenly, the corn-head guy from before stepped forward and punched the new third division captain, or "Tetta Kisaki" right in the face. That made her mouth open.

Minutes into it, a long-haired tall guy around their age came from their back and punched the corn-head guy.

Baji!

Mitsuya held him back after one punch. Y/N saw Baji talking to Mikey who was unable to leave the meeting because of the commotion. She cannot hear them very well but she's sure she read Baji's lips saying, "I quit."

Baji walked down the stairs and left like nothing happened. After that, Kisaki beat the corn-head guy until he fell unconscious. She also found out that "Takemichi" is his nickname.

She learned many revelations that night. The espionage of Valhalla is one thing, but spying on the Tokyo Manji Gang is... unclassifiable whether it's good or bad, if described in Y/N's words.

October two of two thousand and five, Y/N decided to go home at quarter to 8, after she watched Mikey looking after Takemichi while he's passed out.