18.

Penelope.

"Hi." I yawned as I walked down the stairs in the morning, seeing Katie at the kitchen table with her head in her hands and a gigantic mug of coffee in front of her.

She groaned at my voice, "No shouting."

I chuckled, feeling my own head slightly pound from the painkillers and alcohol I had last night, "Tough night?"

Katie just groaned out a hum and I poured myself a cup of coffee too, checking my phone as I let out another yawn

Katie just groaned out a hum and I poured myself a cup of coffee too, checking my phone as I let out another yawn. My phone rested in my right hand, which wasn't as swollen anymore. It was definitely very sore, but not as numb anymore and I could use it fine now for little tasks that didn't require too much strength or pressure.

Harry had texted me late last night when he got home, and I responded by saying him goodnight. I kind of wanted to text him a good morning, but somehow felt like the ball was in his court and that I shouldn't text unless he did.

The whole entire evening had been replaying in my head constantly. From Harry showing up just to see how I was doing, to his reaction when he found out I had punched Patrick in his defence, to how he cared for my hand, to the drinking games, the sexual questions, the seducing, the teasing and playing, the kissing, touching, grinding... The way he looked at me like he owned me, and I loved it.

God, I was whipped. I had taken my time masturbating once he had left, but it only took me a couple of minutes to reach a climax from how worked up I already was from whatever we did on the counter and the couch. Maybe for him that wasn't really anything, for me it was a lot.

I had no idea what was going on between us, or if we should talk about it in any way. I just knew I wanted that to happen again and much, much more. I wanted everything with him. He made me feel comfortable, confident and safe, which was all that I could ask for in someone to be intimate with.

But he refused, and I had yet to really figure out why. It was clear that he wanted it too on some level, his body betrayed him terribly and he had moments where he definitely lost self-control and just... let it happen. And then his brain came back into play and ruined it for the both of us.

Katie lifted her head from her palms, and I saw the runny mascara beneath her eyes, signalling me she had not taken off her make-up the night before. For Katie, that meant she had been absolutely hammered. She was quite set on skincare, always introducing me to new brands and new ingredients which had caused my skin to look amazing, thanks to her. If she went to bed without cleaning her face and applying her creams and oils, it meant that she was too out of it.

I cocked up an eyebrow as I took a sip, "Did I miss a lot last night?"

She groaned again, rubbing her forehead, "If I remembered anything, I'd tell you."

"What time did you guys get home anyway? I didn't hear a thing, that's a first. I went to bed at around two thirty and all was silent."

"Don't know." She rasped weakly, and I shook my head with a chuckle, "Let me get you some painkillers and a cold glass of water, yeah? Anything else that can help?"