Epilogue: two years later.

Hi everyone :')

In celebration of lucky penny reaching 1 million reads this week (omfg wtf) i decided to dust henelope off and write another lil chapter for them. 

it's been two years since i finished this book (december 2021) and i wrote these chapters in about two months, starting in october 2021. thinking back of that time, i was very unhappy battling a desease which has since been known to be chronic. to this day, i am still a CIDP-patient and two years ago i had my first and biggest flare-up. i wrote lucky penny when i was mostly paralyzed in the hospital and i could only decently move my hands and fingers. so i wrote and wrote and wrote and came up with this book.

during the time of me writing lucky penny, i didn't have much interaction. you can see this story has almost no author notes in the end, because i wasn't talking to anyone. it makes me so happy (and emotional!!!!!!!) that my second lil baby has reached 1 million fucking reads on this website. like that's crazy and so unreal. i can't believe this.

i know how much you guys love henelope, and no matter the mistakes and cringe in this book, it's part of the charm. so here they are, two years after chapter 68: penny and harry two years later.

big love. 

Word count: 12,887

________________________

"Harry?!" Penelope yelled from the living room, "None of this stuff is ready!"

Harry tried to hear her over the sound of the sound of the extractor hood and the four different pots of food sputtering on the stove, "What?!"

He could hear the sound of Penelope's high heels on the kitchen tile, "You said you'd fluff the pillows and vacuum the carpet."

Harry swallowed, "Little busy, kitten." He spoke through gritted teeth, "You fucked up the potatoes."

"I'm a bad cook! I warned you. And you've been known, we've been dating over two years." Harry didn't have to look at her to know she was rolling her eyes. Harry had a permanent, thick frown on his forehead as he kept flicking his eyes between all the food, "Remind me again why we didn't fucking order in?" He complained.

Penelope exhaled and he felt her presence behind him before her arms slowly linked around his waist from behind. She rested her cheek against his back, "Because we're not filthy rich and we're saving up for a house."

"You got a huge Christmas bonus. Would've made our lives a lot easier." Harry muttered, stirring the beans.

"I know. 'M sorry. That would've been a better idea. Look," She squeezed his waist from behind, "just let me do this."

"No, no, it's fine. Just a bit more and then it can go in the oven and we don't have to worry about it anymore." Harry sighed, "How long until they get here?"

Penelope nibbled the inside of her cheek and checked the clock, "Thirty minutes. Which means Louis will be here in fifteen."

"Fucking Louis." Harry gritted again. Penelope giggled from behind him and Harry couldn't help his lip tugging up into a little smile. "Look, I'll be able to push it in the oven so you can go get ready. We'll dim the lights so no one will notice the dirt on the carpet and the pillows... I mean, Niall is gonna jump in them either way."

Harry smiled more, running the spoon through the mashed potatoes. His Penelope compromising.

Eventually he turned down the height of each of the four stoves and turned around, dish towel over his shoulder. He blinked twice at the sight of Penelope, "Wow." He muttered, quickly glancing her up and down.