24.

Penelope.

I briskly got woken up out of my sleep about two hours later, my eyes shooting open as I heard stumbling in the house.

I glanced at my phone, seeing that it was five in the morning and still pitch black outside.

I was on high alert immediately, and my shuffling seemed to have woken up Harry, who stirred on the other side of the mattress, "What time is it?" He grumbled sleepily as he turned around and rubbed his eye.

"Five." I whispered back, "Sorry, thought I heard something." I perked my ears.

I held my breath for a few seconds before I heard it again, this time closer by. My heart hammered in my chest, and Harry sat up straight too. I tried to ignore the fact that he had taken off his shirt during the night, and he was nearly naked next to me, apart from his boxers.

He had definitely not taken the clothes that I had given him to sleep in.

"Oh, fucking hell." I sighed in relief when I heard Dave's voice, followed by a female voice. They stumbled through the hallway, and I flinched a little when they seemed to bump into the wall and a thud was heard.

"Shh, my roommate is asleep!" Dave yelled in a whisper, which I heard through these annoyingly thin walls that had proved inconvenient on multiple occasions. I rolled my eyes while relaxing again, dropping myself back into the pillows while Harry let out a silent chuckle.

A few seconds later, I heard Dave's bedroom door close and I let out a breath as I rolled to my side to face Harry, "Prepare yourself. Dave is loud when he has sex."

"Lovely." Harry mumbled in a yawn, more awake now, "Hey, why are you so far away from me?"

I flicked my eyes up to him, seeing him partly lit up by the street lights through the curtains. His eyes were lazy and he had a small smile on his lips. I shrugged my shoulders, "Don't know."

My eyes widened when Harry curled his arm around my waist and yanked me into his side of the bed, I braced myself by pressing my palms against his chest, feeling his naked body. He was warm and I snickered when he tightly held me into him. The scent of him was heavenly as I nuzzled my nose into his collarbone, not a care in the world anymore that any of this was too much or too quick.

"That's better." He mumbled, softly rubbing the arch of his foot over my calf. I reacted by pressing a soft kiss to his shoulder and he hummed, squeezing me a little tighter before one of his hands dropped down to the small of my back. I knew he was aiming for my ass but he stopped himself.

We had about a minute of peaceful silence before the moans began, and the distinct sound of the headboard banging against the wall. One of these days he was going to break down that wall separating us.

"Oh, wow, you were right." Harry muttered in surprise and I let out a cringing groan, "Jesus, this happens every week. It's actually sad that I'm used to this."

We laughed in silence for a bit as Dave was going at it with his conquest of the night, and Harry and I were wide awake as we hoped they'd finish sooner rather than later.

"Were you... expecting something tonight?" I quietly asked, my eyes trained on Harry's tattoo bird beneath his collarbone.

His chest shook in a breathy laugh, "Like, sex wise? No. We both agreed that this was more than sex, right? I care about you."

I tightened my arm around his torso, pressing myself further into him as I let out a hum, "I care about you too."

"That would be a lot cuter if Dave didn't sound like he's having an exorcism."