Chapter 8

"Yeh kya ho raha hai mujhe,
Kyun kho ho raha hun main abhi.
Ehsaas yeh naye kyun jag ne lage hai dil mein
Kyun tujhe yaad kar raha hun main abhi.
Tu thi mere saath,
Mere har pal mein, mere paas.
Par kyun mehsus kar raha hun main kuch aur,
Kyun tere kareeb rehne ki khwahish hai abhi."

Sidharth says as he picks up his guitar. There's been a smile stuck on his face ever since he returned from Sana's house. He starts playing.

Chahe tum kuch naa kaho
Maine sun liya
Ke saathi pyar ka
Mujhe Chun liya
Chun liya.. maine sun liya..
Pehla Nasha pehla khumar
Naya pyar hai, Naya intezaar
Kar lun main kya apna haal
Aye dil e bekarar
Mere dil e bekarar
Tuhi bata..

"Pehla nasha..pehla khumar.."
Sidharth turns towards the door to find his three musketeers standing.
"Kya bey, yahan baith ke romantic gane baja raha hai? You were supposed to meet us tonight. Bhul gaya sab kuch, apni Shehnu ko dekh kar?"
Ryan complains as he plops on the bin bag with Rohan. Rohit sat down beside Sidharth on the window seat.
Sidharth says,"Kuch bhi? Why would I forget anything? It's just that late ho gaya lautne mein. So.."

Rohan raises his eyebrows, "Saale, tu kab se late bol ke ghar mein reh baith jatne laga hai? Ryan, you were right, apan ka Sid ko giyo.. "
All three laugh as Sidharth shakes his head.
Rohit says,"Sid, let's go. Ryan has got some good stuff from his dad. Scotch.. Enjoy karenge."
Rohan smiles, "See, Rohit is excited too. Can you believe it? Chal, uth."
"No yaar. I won't drink tonight. I need to wake up early tomorrow."

Ryan looks at him with shock, "Bhai, tu daru ko mana kar raha hai. Paap lagegi."
"Shut up Ryan!"
Rohan says,"No, seriously Sid, we don't drink much. It's only on a few occasions like this that we hang around and drink. Why are you saying no? Kal toh chutti hai teri."
"Yes. But I need to go.. chod, chal nikal te hai. But I will have beer that too, one only."
Ryan stands up, lifts Sidharth on his shoulders and says,"Tu Nautanki band kar. Rohan, tell aunty we are kidnapping Sid and he will be returned tomorrow morning, safe and sound. Take his guitar too."
"Ryan, chod bey! I will kill you.. "

Rohan and Rohit start laughing watching Ryan lifting Sidharth up.
"Waah kya scene hai! One hulk lifting another one. "

Sidharth sits on the floor with his guitar. A can of beer lies beside him, untouched. He plays the tune of the hit Bollywood song, 'Yeh dosti hum nahi todenge...' for the third time on Ryan's demand. Rohit sits in front of him, his eyes closed as he nods to the tune. He holds a glass containing a golden coloured liquid. Rohit lies on the bed, his eyes closed, snoring softly. Ryan sits beside Rohan, humming to the song and sipping the pale coloured liquid from his glass.

Sidharth puts the guitar down and gets up and goes to the balcony. He stands there feeling the cold air on his face. He has no idea why he feels so different tonight. Was it his acceptance that he is Sidu in front of Shehnaaz or her kiss? He dismisses the idea.
She was drunk and we are just friends, corrections we were friends.
Still his face breaks into a smile thinking about everything that happened at her place.

A touch on the shoulder breaks his chain of thoughts. It's Rohan.
"What is it? Something has happened tonight at her place. Isn't it?"
Sidharth smiles without saying anything.
"What? Tell me?"
Sidharth says with a grin,"I told her who I am."
Rohan raises his eyebrows, "What! How did she react?"

Sidharth takes a pause, "She asked me to marry her."
Rohan grabs his arm, "F*** off! You are lying! Seriously man? No way dude!"
He laughs, "Relax! She was drunk."
He shares every detail of the evening with him, skipping the kissing part.