Wolf Moon

Jessica was laying on the sofa in her aunt's living room looking at the text from her aunt, rolling her eyes, 'Just sent you a bit more of your inheritance, hope to see you soon!'. The teenager sat up and exchanged her laptop for her phone on the table. She was currently looking at colleges, she could go anywhere and that's exactly what she wanted. Her phone then started vibrating and Stiles' face lit up her screen. "Hey, Stiles, I thought you and Scott were having early nights?"

"We were but then I overheard a very interesting phone call and now I'm outside so hop in and let's go get Scott!"

"Ok I'll be out in a moment." She laughed while putting her hat on, grabbing her keys and running out the door. "Hey so what was the phone call?"

"There was a body found in the woods. Best part though - the body was sliced in half, only one half was found!" 

"Woah I thought nothing ever happened in Beacon Hills..."

"I know right!" Stiles said ecstatically as he pulled up to the McCall residence. "Staying or coming in?"

"I'll stay here for a minute, see if there are any news articles yet."

                                                                                          ~~~~~~

"I was trying to get a good nights sleep before practice tomorrow," Scott grumbled as the trio walked through the woods.

"Right 'cause sitting on the bench is such a gruelling effort."

"No, this year I'm playing. In fact, I'm gonna make first line."

"Right, that's the spirit!" Stiles spoke mockingly.

"Everyone has a dream, Stiles." Jess spoke

"Yeah, even a pathetically unrealistic one." The three walk in silence for a few minutes before Scott spoke up.

"Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?"

"Huh, didn't uh didn't think of that." Stiles responded

"And what if the killer is still out here?"

"Um also something that I did not think of..." Jess chuckled lightly at that, she knew Stiles wouldn't have thought this through. 

"It's comforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail." Scott muttered as his breathing started becoming rapid and shallow since they were climbing up a hill.

"Hey, Scott, take it easy for a second." Jess said, placing a hand on his shoulder and gently pushing him against a tree. Once he had gotten his breathing under control, the 2 continued to catch up with Stiles, calling out his name. They almost had when a dog came out of nowhere and started barking at Stiles so Jess and Scott leapt to the floor.

"Hang on, hang on, hang on." A voice spoke. "This one belongs to me." After that the Sheriff and the son spoke between themselves quietly for a moment before the sheriff spoke again. "Scott? Jessica?" When there was no response the Stilinskis spoke for a moment longer before walking off.

"Oh crap! How the hell are we gonna get out of here?" Jess asked Scott only to find he had walked off a bit. "Scott!"

"Hey, sorry." The boy spoke, "Should we keep looking or go home?"

"Stiles has the flashlight and I'm not using my phone since it's almost dead and there may still be a murderer out here. Let's try finding our way out of here." Scott nodded and they started walking again.

It had been a few minutes since they had started walking again and neither had spoken a word when a herd of deer suddenly came rushing towards them, separating them. Jess then heard Scott yelp out in pain and tried to get to him when she suddenly felt a searing pain on her ankle. She looked back in time to see a red-eyed creature looking at her before running off.