Code Breaker

"How are you doing?" Derek asked when he noticed his girlfriend was waking up. The man had left a lot of cuts and bruises on both of them but while he was healing, she wasn't.

"Not great. What about you?"

"I'm healing."

"Good..." Jess whispered.

"Jess, stay with me, okay? Just a little bit longer. Scott knows where we are, he howled so I howled back."

"He did?"

"He did. He's outside." Just as he said that, the youngest beta came rushing in.

"Oh my god, Jess!" Scott exclaimed, rushing over to her and untying her. 

"Scott, untie me." Derek ordered. "I can help her heal."

"They're coming back so I'll untie one of your hands so you can defend yourself. Jess, I'm gonna need you to sit back down, okay?"

"Mm okay." Just as Jess sat back down the door started opening so Scott dove behind the table. 

"Ready to have some more fun? To be honest, my knuckles are kind of hurting... So, I brought some help." The man from earlier spoke, bringing a metal bat out from behind his back since his wooden one broke earlier. "But I need to warn ya, I used to play in college."

As the man swung the bat, Derek moved one of his hands to catch it before it could hit him. "I brought a little help to." He explained causing the hunter to turn around to see Scott standing there. Once the hunter turned back to face Derek, the older beta punched his jaw, sending him flying. 

Scott helped Jess stand back up before moving in front of Derek. "Scott, help me with this."

"No." Scott responded.

"What?"

"Scott just help him..."

"Not until you tell me how to stop Peter." Scott said to the older beta, readjusting slightly so he could support more of Jess' weight as she was losing consciousness. 

"You wanna talk about this right now? Jess is dying, Scott!"

"He's going after Allison and her family. He's gonna kill them!"

"So what?"

"So tell me how to stop him."

"You can't! Alright? I don't know when Kate's coming back so we need to get out of here or I need to heal Jess so she can fight!" 

"Promise you'll help me."

"You want me to risk my life for your girlfriend? For your stupid little teenage crush that means absolutely nothing? You're not in love, Scott! You're sixteen years old! You're a child!" 

"Maybe you're right... But, I know something you don't. Peter said he didn't know what he was doing when he killed your sister, right? He lied. Remember this?" Scott pulled the photo of the deer with a spiral on out of his pocket; the picture that brought Laura back to Beacon Hills in the first place. "This is what brought your sister back to Beacon Hills, right?"

"Scott, where the hell did you get that?" Jess questioned breathlessly. 

"My boss told me three months ago, someone came into the clinic asking for a copy of this picture. Do you wanna know who it was? Peter's nurse. They brought your sister here so that Peter could kill her and become the Alpha, and that's why you're going to help me." Derek kept his stone-cold expression. Scott sighed before continuing, "Just say you'll help me and I'll help you unlock your other-"