More Bad Than Good

Jess had just landed back in California and immediately pulled her phone out to call Derek but he didn't answer so she called Braeden, having felt a load of electric shocks rush through her throughout the plane and taxi journey.

"Braeden, hey, how are you?" 

"Oh I'm good thanks, what do you need?"

"You wouldn't happen to be in Mexico right now, would you?"

"Funny you mention that, I just got a call from Deucalion." Braeden said, teasing her friend with the suspense.

"Okay, you know I hate this game." Jess stated.

"Oh I know but I love it. Derek and Peter were caught trying to break into the Calavera's so they're currently being held. Deuc's hired me to break Derek out so don't worry, your man will be safe." Braeden continued as she pulled up outside the family's torture house, as it was known.

"Thank you!" 

"Well I'm being paid for it but I'll take the thanks. Look I've gotta go I'm outside, I'll have Pretty Boy call you when he's safe."

"Thanks, Braeden. I owe you!"

"No you don't. Bye, Jess." Braeden said before hanging up. Jess got in a taxi and went straight to the loft only to dump her things before getting in her car and driving to the school.

Once she got to the high school, she saw a load of cop cars outside so she called Scott who answered immediately.

"Jess, can't talk right now."

"I'm at the school, where are you? There are cop cars..." Jess said before he could hang up on her.

"Locker room. Get here quickly." Scott ordered before ending the call. She sprinted down to the locker room and went through the coach's office to get in since the other door was blocked. "Hey, Jess." Scott greeted her.

"What the hell happened?" She asked.

"No 'hey, Scott' or 'hey, Stiles'?" Stiles questioned. "We haven't seen you for a few weeks!"

"My stress level is incredibly high right now, do you want me to punch you?" She snapped.

"Okay I think we're needing to ask what's happened..." Stiles muttered.

"Sorry... Lydia called me earlier and told me about what's been going on with you two and Allison so then I couldn't get back to sleep, I booked a flight, flew here, Derek's been kidnapped by some of the best hunters in Mexico and now there are cops in the locker room and I don't know why. Your turn." Jess explained.

"Well there's this girl stuck as a coyote and she turned up here at the school but we don't know why."

"Scott, I think I might actually know why she was here." The human boy whispered before pulling a plastic doll from his bag.

"You took the doll from the car?" Scott whisper-shouted.

"Yeah I thought we could use it, you know, for like her scent..." Stiles responded, but a man that was stood with the cops noticed the doll and started approaching them.

"Guys..." Jess muttered, nodding slightly towards the man.

"Where did you get that?!" He questioned, looking very emotional and snatching the doll from him. "Where did you find this?! It belonged to my daughter..." 

"Sorry..." Stiles whispered before the sheriff then walked over to them, standing in front of the boys and Jess to speak to the man whose name Jess still didn't know.

"Mr. Tate, I don't know how you heard about this, if you have your own police scanned or what, but you can't be here." Stiles' father then went to usher him towards the exit before feeling something in the man's jacket. Mr Tate then began looking a bit nervous and uncomfortable as the sheriff pulled the jacket open slightly, revealing a gun.