Illuminated

Jess, Stiles, Scott, Kira and Lydia were sat in the sheriff's office with Noah behind his desk which Rafael was leaning on.

"So when did you get there?" Rafael asked.

"At the same time." Stiles answered.

"At the same time as who?"

"Me." Jess and Scott responded at the same time.

"By coincidence?" The older McCall man queried. 

"What do you mean 'by coincidence'?" Stiles questioned.

"That's what I'm asking you. The three of you arrived at the same time was that a coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked.

"I think he was asking me." Stiles stated.

"I think he was asking both of you." Lydia voiced.

"Maybe he was asking himself?" Jess suggested, looking at the man as though she was a robot scanning him.

"Okay let me answer the questions." Agent McCall said.

"Go for it. What can we ask first, Sheriff?" The witch mocked. She disliked the man the second she learnt what he had done to Scott and Melissa.

"Let me ask the questions." Rafael corrected himself to which Stiles put a thumbs up at and Jess winked. "Just so I have this absolutely clear... Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then, Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the whole town."

"Sounds about right." Stiles confirmed.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well he was an electrical engineer, where else would he take her?" Stiles responded to the man.

"That's a hell of a deduction, Stiles." The FBI agent commented.

"Well what can I say, I take after my pops; he's in law enforcement."

Rafael turned round to Stiles' father who was trying to hide his amusement. "Uh, Stiles, just uh, just answer the man." 

"We made a good guess." Stiles said sighing.

"What were the two of you doing?" Agent McCall asked his son and Kira.

"Eating pizza." Scott answered at the same time as Kira responded with "Eating sushi."

They looked at each other and both swapped their answers to what the other had said causing Jess to internally groan and rub her temples. "Eating sushi and pizza." They finally answered in unison.

"You believe this?" Rafael asked Noah while scoffing.

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak... But, I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time, and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it." The sheriff replied as the group stifled their laughter at the first part of his response.

"Kira, is that how you remember it?"

All eyes then turned to Kira. "Yeah. Could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry but no." Rafael responded.

                                                                                           ~~~~~~

"That was a late one." Derek commented as Jess walked into the loft.

"Late but fun one. We got to annoy Scott's dad." She laughed, recalling the man's face as he began tripping over his words. She walked over to hers and Derek's bed where he was laying and flopped down.