Venomous

"Jack! Hey, what's wrong?" Jess asked as the boy rushed past her trying to flee the principal's office; she couldn't blame him though, Gerard had become the principal and he was creepy.

"Jess! Oh urm nothing I just gotta get to class." Jackson answered as he went to walk off again only for Jess to grab his wrist and pull him back.

"The bell doesn't go for another few minutes. Talk."

"Isaac's coming back to school. You need to be careful, Jess."

"Jack, what are you talking about?"

"There's a lot you don't know about and Isaac... he's dangerous so promise me you'll stay away from him." 

"Come with me." She said as she grabbed his arm and pulled him into an empty classroom. "Gerard has cameras in the corridors so we can't talk about this out there but I know what he is."

"You know?"

"Yes. I've grown up in this world. My boyfriend's the one who bit you."

"You're dating Derek Hale?!" He whisper-shouted.

"Sh!" She screeched. "Yes I am, we're mates-"

"You know he paralysed me last night, right?"

"What?" 

"Him and his little pack. Something about a test and then they put something in my mouth and I was paralysed! Then Isaac said I had to say I lied about seeing him fight with his father so he could come back to school."

"They thought you were the kanima... Oh my god he's an idiot! Jack, I'm so sorry, if I had known I would've stopped him. Get to class the bell's about to go and protect Lydia. If I'm right he's gonna be testing her next." The boy nodded before walking out leaving Jess to stand there leaning against a table. She pulled out her phone and texted Scott and Stiles to let them know before proceeding to send Derek a load of angry texts since he wasn't answering her calls. "Dammit, Hale!" She muttered.

                                                                                       ~~~~~~

Allison, Scott, Stiles and Jess were stood in Coach's office trying to figure out a plan.

"Derek's waiting outside for Lydia."

"Waiting to kill her?" Allison asked her boyfriend. 

"If he thinks she's the Kanima, then yes-- especially after what happened at the pool." He answered.

"It's not her." Stiles stated.

"Stiles, she didn't pass the test, man. Nothing happened." Scott said to his friend sadly.

"Guys, I don't know why nothing happened but the kanima venom would still affect their human form. A snake can be poisoned by its' own venom, that parts true, but the kanima is so much more complex than that!" Jess explained.

"It doesn't matter. Derek thinks it's her so either we convince him that he's wrong or we find a way to protect her." Allison spoke. 

"He's not gonna do anything here. Not in public."

"What about after school? What if we can prove Derek's wrong?" The Argent questioned.

"By 3 o'clock?" Stiles asked skeptically. 

"There could be something in the bestiary." Allison suggested.

"Oh, you mean the nine-hundred-page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that." Stiles said sarcastically earning him a light thump on the arm from Jess. "Hey!"