The Divine Move

Jess woke up a few hours later in the lost to find Aiden standing by the window in front of her bed, hearing Ethan groan in the middle of the room. She went to sit up but was quickly reminded of her injury. Aiden noticed her awake and rushed over to adjust her pillows so she could see what was going on.

Ethan was sat on a stool shirtless as Derek held a lighter to the wolf's back. "Should be fine in a couple hours, unless whoever shot you manages to find you again." The oldest beta informed the twins.

Aiden left Jess and hurried over to his twin before speaking. "Lydia's with Scott, we need to go."

"You're gonna try and convince her to go with you?" Derek questioned.

"I'm gonna try to convince her to run and hide like any sane person would do."

"And Danny?" Derek asked the other twin who had just put his shirt back on.

"Allison's dead. Stiles and Jess are dying. What do you think?" Ethan responded.

"I think Danny won't believe you and Lydia would never run and hide." The Hale wolf replied.

"Because of Stiles?" Aiden questioned, jealously evident all over his face causing Jess to roll her eyes.

"Because of Scott, you idiot." Jess corrected, causing all eyes to fall on her and her husband to smile slightly at her.

"You've been trying to find a way into his pack. Trying to earn his trust. Trying to fight for him. You've had it wrong this whole time. You don't fight for a leader-- you fight for a leader's cause." Derek added to the twins, turning back to face them.

"What cause?" Aiden asked.

"Saving his friends." Jess answered, causing Derek to turn back and raise an eyebrow at her.

"You just loving speaking before me don't you?" He said to his wife before once again turning back to the twins. "Scott will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about. When there's no chance of winning? He keeps fighting. When all hope is lost? He finds another way. And when he's beaten down, he stands up again. You want to earn a place in his pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight!" Derek then turned round and walked over to his wife, sitting on the bed beside her. "How are you feeling?" The twins went upstairs to give the couple some privacy.

"Sore." The witch answered. "She's really gone, isn't she?" Derek nodded as a tear slipped out of Jess' eye which she quickly wiped away. "How are the others?" The wolf held her hand gently and started to take her physical pain.

"I've been in here the entire time so I don't actually know. Deaton dropped you off after he put something on your cuts to take out the poison. Your phone does keep buzzing though."

"Where is it?" She asked. He sighed before pulling it out of his back pocket. "Why do you have my phone?"

"I know what your home screen is Jess. Your lock screen is us, your home screen is you, Lydia, Allison and Charlotte. I didn't know how you'd be feeling..."

"One of my best friends just died, Der, and my other friend is dying... I felt Allison die." Jess responded, looking down at their joined hands. 

Derek didn't know what to say so he laid down slightly and readjusted Jess' pillows so she could lay down as well. "You should get some more sleep, it'll help you heal."

"Der?" She asked after a moment.

"Yes, Beautiful?" He questioned, not even opening his eyes. 

"Whose shirt is this?"