Night School

"Lock it!" Scott shouted, "Lock it!"

"Do I look like I have a key?!" Stiles responded.

"Grab something! Anything!" 

"No, we need to go back out there and get Derek! I can heal him!"

"Now's not the time, Jess!" Stiles just stood up, looking out the window on the door. Scott then realised what the boy was thinking, "No. Stiles, no! Don't!" When Stiles opened the door Jess tried to escape the wolf's grip but he was holding her too tightly. 

They watched as Stiles picked up the tool he dropped on the way into the building before they noticed glowing red eyes behind him. "Scott..."

Scott started banging on the door, "RUN, STILES RUN!" as the alpha charged towards the human, chasing him back into the building. "Where is it? Where'd it go?" Scott questioned after a moment. Jess had sunk down onto the floor, still struggling to breath from Derek's injuries. "That won't hold, will it?"

"Probably not." Stiles responded.

"Definitely not." Jess corrected before they heard a wolf howl causing them to take off again. They ran into a classroom and again Jess just leaned against a wall, holding where she could feel the pain while Scott and Stiles were trying to move a desk.

"Wait, wait, stop." Stiles said. "The door's not gonna keep it out."

"I know." Scott stated.

"It's your boss."

"What?"

"Deaton. The alpha. Your boss."

"No."

"Yes. Murdering psycho werewolf."

"That can't be..."

"Oh come on. He disappears then 10 seconds later that thing turns up to toss Derek 20 feet up in the air!" Jess just let the boys argue, not caring about any of this. She had been thinking back to their conversation the other day when they had been laying in her bed; she was curled against his side, fiddling with his fingers on one hand while he played with her hair with his other hand. They had been talking about the advantages and disadvantages of marking each other and she had pointed out that they'd at least know if the other was dead. She couldn't believe the irony that she was now facing as a tear silently fell. "That's not convenient timing?"

"It's not him."

"He killed Derek."

"Derek's not dead... He can't be... Jess, you'd know wouldn't you?" Jess just squeezed her eyes shut.

"Blood literally spurted out of his mouth, okay? That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury! He's dead and we're next."

"Okay... Just... What do we do?"

"Get to my jeep. We get outta here. You seriously think about quitting your job. Okay?" The boys rushed over to the windows, Scott trying to open one until Stiles remembered something. "No they don't open, they're climate-controlled."

"Then we break it."

"Which'll make a lot of noise. Do you want the alpha to find us?" Jess asked, finally speaking but still not opening her eyes.

"Then... Then... We run really fast... Really fast..." Scott mumbled but noticing something when he looked at the jeep. "Stiles, what's wrong with the hood of your jeep?"

"What do you mean? Nothing's wrong."

"It's bent."

"What like dented?"