Omega

"Stiles, what's up?" Jess asked as she picked up the phone. She had been at her house studying while Derek was out.

"It's Lydia. She's missing, she ran out of the hospital."

"WHAT? Where are you?"

"The hospital, waiting for Scott."

"I'm on my way." Jess grabbed her keys from the table and ran out while texting Derek to let him know. 

She spotted the jeep the moment she arrived and jumped out. As she ran out of the car and towards the jeep, she noticed someone else running towards the car.

"Allison?" Jess asked as they arrived.

"Jess?"

"What are you doing? Someone could see us?" Scott asked his girlfriend. Allison's father had forbade them from seeing each other so they were trying to act as though they had broken up.

"I don't care, she's my best friend and we need to find her before they do!"

"I can find her before the cops can." Scott assured her.

"What about before my father?"

"He knows?" Stiles questioned.

"Yeah. I just saw him and three other guys leave my house in two SUVs." 

"A search party..." Scott realised.

"More like a hunting party." Jess muttered.

"Get in." Scott commanded as he got out so they could move the seat and climb into the back.

"All right, but if she's turning, would they actually kill her?" Stiles asked nervously.

"I don't know. They won't tell me anything, okay? All they say is, 'We'll talk after Kate's funeral, when the others get here.'" Allison answered. Jess took a deep breath.

"What others?" Stiles questioned.

"I don't know."

"Your family's got some serious communication issues to work on." Stiles stated as he drove away while Scott rolled his window down. "Are we going the right way, Scott?"

"Take the next right." Scott responded. There was still a lot of awkward tension between Scott and Jess due to the beta hating Derek.

Jess soon recognised the way they were heading so she asked, "Are you sure she came this way, Scott?" 

"Yes." 

"Knock it off, Scott. I didn't know Derek was gonna kill Peter."

"But you knew he lied to me about killing the one who bit you being a cure?"

"Yeah I did and I'm sorry about that but he needed your help."

"Guys, can we not argue about that right now?" Stiles asked as they pulled up to the Hale house. "Scott, are you sure she came here?" 

"Yeah this is where the scent leads."

"Alright but has Lydia ever been here before?"

"Not with me. Maybe she came here on instinct, like she was looking for Derek..." Allison responded.

"Why would Lydia be looking for Derek?" Jess questioned. 

"Looking for an alpha." Scott answered.

"Wolves need a pack, right?" Allison spoke.

"Not all of them." Scott stated, glaring at Jess. 

"But would she have been drawn to an Alpha? Is it an instinct to be part of a pack?"