The Fox and the Wolf

"Mr Argent, Mr Hale and Ms Carrington, the charges have been dropped, you're free to go." Deputy Parrish stated as he unlocked their cell doors. "We have your things out front but there's a slight issue with one of the items so please follow me."

"Are you okay?" Derek asked as he held Jess' hand to start taking her pain.

"Yeah I'm okay, are you?" She answered while they walked into the main room with Argent and Parrish ahead of them.

"Yeah I'm fine. Let's get out of here." They all started collecting their belongings when Argent noticed his taser wand missing.

"Uh there's something missing..." Argent stated. Parrish pulled something out from behind his back and placed it on the desk.

"I'm afraid I can't let you walk out with this. It's way above the legal voltage limit."

"I only use it for hunting." Chris responded causing Derek to give the man an exasperated look while Jess tried to hide her amusement. Argent rolled his eyes at their reactions as Parrish looked at them suspiciously. 

"Yeah well I'm pretty sure you could use it to jump-start a 747..." The deputy replied. Jess started looking through her texts to catch up on what was happening.

"This property belongs to me and the charges were dropped... Although I'm not entirely sure who's responsible for that." Argent said.

"I am." Stilinski stated as he walked over to the group. "I'll take care of this, Parrish."

"Stilinski, I'm not kidding, this thing's a few watts from being a lightsaber!" The deputy objected.

"I said I'll take care of it." The Sheriff repeated. "You three, come with me." He said to Derek, Jess and Argent before walking off to his office. "The specialist I saw in LA told me that thing all doctor's say when trying to avoid a lawsuit 'we can't say for sure'. Then I spoke with Melissa." He then pulled out two MRI scans from a file on his desk, showing them to the group.

"Whose are these?" Jess queried.

"My wife and Stiles'. I knew they were similar but they're exactly the same."

"I thought that wasn't possible..." The witch stated. 

"It's not." The sheriff responded.

"So the trickster is still playing tricks." Argent concluded.

"But why this trick?" Derek asked.

"When I was in the army, an officer told me that if you wanted to defeat your enemy, you don't take away their courage, you take away their hope." Stiles' father explained.

"You don't look like a man that'd give up hope easily." Argent observed.

"But Stiles might." The sheriff stated. Jess ran her hands through her hair while Derek just rubbed her back in circles, trying to soothe her. "If this thing inside him... If it's using his mother's disease as some sort of psychological trick, then it isn't just a fight for his body, is it?"

"It's a fight for his mind..." Jess whispered.

"You know, he's left people severely injured." Argent stated.

"And others severely dead." Derek pointed out.

"That's why I need the three of you. I need people who are experienced in this kind of thing. I need you to help me stop him."

"And by stop him, you mean trap him?" Argent questioned to which the sheriff nodded in confirmation before handing the taser wand back to the rightful owner.