Currents

Jess and Cora were sat in the kitchen having breakfast when they heard the alarm going off in the main room. They rushed in to see Derek leaping over the coffee table to switch it off before turning around to the two girls. 

"What's it mean?" Cora asked, nodding towards the symbol painted on the window.

"It means they're coming..." Derek answered.

"Tonight." Jess finished causing the tension in the room to skyrocket. "We need a plan." She stated as she walked over to her fiance and wrapped her arm around his.

"Aren't you supposed to be going to meet Argent?" Derek questioned.

"Yeah but, Der-"

"No. Go meet Argent."

"You're meeting a hunter of werewolves when you're living with 2?" Cora asked.

"I also used to be a hunter. See you later." Jess responded with a smile before kissing Derek's cheek and walking out. Cora looked at Derek in utter shock.

"What is with you falling for hunters?!" She shouted as soon as Jess had closed the door.

                                                                                     ~~~~~~

Jess and Argent were stood around his desk looking at the five fold knot. "So we've had virgins and warriors..." The man commented.

"Meaning we still have healers, guardians and philosophers to go with no way of figuring out which it's about to be." Jess deciphered. 

"Well if you were evil which would you go for first?"

"I don't know. Healers would improve my ability to heal, philosophers would provide me with knowledge but guardians could be used strategically. I mean if I was evil and aware of the wolves of the town and Scott's abilities, I'd probably put him in a position where he'd have no choice but to join me. How does Danny tie into this though?"

"Who's Danny?" Argent questioned.

"Danny's a friend from school, he's in Allison's year and was poisoned with mistletoe last night. He couldn't have been a sacrifice, right?"

"No. If he was a sacrifice he would've had the same injuries as the others and we most likely wouldn't have been able to find him until he was already dead."

"Scott said Ethan was with him at the time and that he brought him to the hospital when Scott was delivering food to Melissa." Jess was silent for a minute. "It's healers. They're targeting healers next, two doctors went missing last night!"

"Do you know where?"

"No, I'm sorry."

"It's a start though but you're going to need to be careful now, Jess."

"What do you mean?" She asked, looking at the man before realising. "I've healed people..."

"As a nurse and as a witch." Chris continued. 

"Okay I wasn't a nurse." Jess corrected.

"You were our hunting group's nurse." Argent pointed out earning a slight nod from the witch.

"I'll be careful."

"Good because you and your aunt may not be speaking right now but she'd still kill me if anything happened to you that I could've prevented. If she were here she'd probably be locking you in a room with no windows."

"Don't even think about it, Argent." Jess warned as she raised her hand in front of her. Her phone then started ringing and Scott's face appeared. "Hey, Scottie."