The Overlooked - Part One

When Jess woke up she was in the back of Stiles' jeep laying with her head in Scott's lap as he pressed down on her wound, using his jacket to try to stop the bleeding. 

"Wh-what happened?" Jess croaked. 

"Oh thank god you're awake. Ms. Blake is the darach, she tried to kill you because you apparently knew too much according to Lydia. She took Stiles' dad as one of the sacrifices..." Scott explained.

"How's Lydia?" She asked, trying to sit up only for Scott to push her back down. 

"Don't try sitting up, she stabbed you. We're meeting Derek at your loft since we assumed Jennifer's gonna be looking for him." Jess just rolled her eyes. "Lydia's okay, just shaken up."

"We're here." Stiles muttered.

"Stiles, I'm so sorry. I tried to warn him-"

"Please don't right now, Jess. I know you did all you could." Stiles responded before getting out of the car to help the witch get out. 

The trio walked up to the loft in silence and were greeted immediately by Derek who wrapped Jess up in his arms. "I thought I lost you..." He whispered to his mate. 

Jess didn't know whether or not to return the hug since she was annoyed at him but he was squeezing her quite tightly so she just groaned slightly. "Der, you're kinda crushing me right now." 

"Right... Sorry."

"For kissing Jennifer or for crushing me?" She snapped as she walked slowly over to the wall so she could lean against something. "Could someone grab the first aid kit? It's in the bathroom."

"On it." Scott said before rushing out the room.

"You know..." Derek realised, looking down at the ground. 

"Yeah. Isaac felt like he owed it to me to tell me since my fiancé hadn't. I also then heard it from Jennifer who tried to go into a lot of detail about it but I interrupted. Did I forget to mention she also then freaking stabbed me?!" 

Scott ran back into the room with the first aid kit and proceeded to rip part of Jess' top so she could get to the stab wound, earning him a slight growl to which the witch glared at him. "Thanks, Scottie." Jess panted out before proceeding to clean her wound and place a bandage on while the boys explained to Derek what had happened at the recital. 

"I'm so sorry." Derek whispered to his fiancée as he handed her a clean button-up blouse. "I love you, Jess, and only you. She kissed me when I went to see her after that night at the school with Cora and Boyd. I put a stop to it straight away."

"Did you kiss her back?" Jess asked as she turned around to change only to groan in pain and feel his hands tugging on her shirt, ripping it to help her get out of it. "Thanks..."

He moved back away and turned round to give her a bit of privacy, understanding that she was uncomfortable around him right now. "No." 

Jess was silent as she processed everything and tried to get the shirt on but it just kept resulting in a pain rippling through her. "Could you help me?" She finally asked, turning round and handing the shirt to him. He just nodded and helped her slip it on while taking her pain. "Thanks."

"Least I can do. Are we gonna be okay or have I really screwed up?"

"I really don't know... She's most likely going to kiss you when she gets here though, she's obsessed with you." 

"Yeah... I really hope I don't have to though."

"Why? So I don't see if you were lying to me?"

"Fine I kissed her back."