The Overlooked - Part Two

"He's not gonna hurt her." Jennifer stated.

"Shut up!" Derek shouted.

"He won't! Scott, you know why. Tell them it's true."

"What does she mean?" Derek asked Scott.

"You're not the only one he wants in the pack, Derek. He wants Scott too." Jess answered. "Deucalion doesn't just want an Alpha Pack, he wants perfection. That means adding the rarest of Alphas to his ranks."

"A true alpha..." Peter realised.

"What's that?" Stiles asked.

"An alpha that doesn't have to steal power from another, they can rise by their own sheer will." Jess explained.

"It doesn't matter. We still need to get her out of here." Scott stated.

"Scott, your mom-" Stiles began to point out only to be interrupted by the wolf.

"My mom said there's one more ambulance coming in twenty minutes. And I don't think we've been here that long, so, if we can get down to the garage, get to the last ambulance, we can get out of here."

"The twins aren't gonna let us just walk out." Derek responded.

"I'll distract them." Scott replied.

"You mean fight them." Jess corrected. 

"Whatever I have to do." 

"I'll help you." Derek stated, looking at Scott and realising how good an alpha he would make.

"Um sorry but I'm not going anywhere without you, Derek." Jennifer interjected, earning an eye roll from Jess. 

"I'll do it." Peter offered. "But I'd rather be out there with an advantage." 

"An advantage? Like what? You mean, like a weapon?" Stiles questioned as he looked at his broken bat.

"Something better than a baseball bat." The older Hale answered before everyone started looking around trying to find something.

"Hey, what about these?" Stiles asked, holding up a defibrillator.

"Do you know how to use those?" Derek responded. 

"Well no but Jess-"

"Isn't going against the alphas. Put them down." Derek ordered. Scott pulled a needle out of a drawer that was already filled with something.

"Epinephrine?" Scott suggested.

"It'll make them stronger but... it may make you two strong enough to fight them..." Jess replied as she took the needle from Scott and stabbed him with it before injecting the serum while Derek done the same to Peter. The two wolves than ran out to face the twin alphas while Derek picked Cora up as the others ran out ahead of him. 

They were rushing down the stairs to try to find the ambulance when Jess ran out of breath, feeling the pain from her chest rush through her. "Jess! What's wrong?" Derek asked, noticing she had fallen behind. 

"Go! Get Cora some help!" The witch replied. 

"You're bleeding..." Derek realised, suddenly smelling the blood fill the air. "Why aren't you healing? I thought the bond meant you healed faster then usual."

"Well I'm not feeling very connected to you right now, Der... Go. Seriously. I'll catch up." Derek nodded slowly, giving her one last look before running off to catch up to Stiles and Jennifer. Jess stayed leaning against the wall for a minute before hearing Jennifer and Derek shouting and running back towards her.