Silverfinger

Jess woke up the following day and reached out for her husband only to find that he wasn't there. "Der?" She called out but didn't get a response. She sighed and rolled over to find a load of messages in her group chat with Lydia and Allison.

She dialed Lydia's number and put it on speaker, placing her phone on her bed.

"Hey, Jess." Lydia said as she answered, sounding a bit distant.

"Hey, Lovely, what's wrong?"

"Just... last night when all the others healed from what those figures did so quickly, did it make you feel weak?" The banshee asked quietly.

"Yeah it did. It also didn't help that once I had healed, they literally just threw me across the room when I tried defending Aiden. Scott and Derek went down fighting and I couldn't even land a punch." Jess answered.

"Glad to know I'm not the only one... So I thought I saw something on your hand last night..."

"What did you think you saw?" Jess questioned, knowing what Lydia was referring to.

"There was another ring on your finger with your engagement ring. Wanna tell me something, Jessica?"

"We got married while we were in Buenos Aires. We were having a little date night a few days before you called and we were talking about starting to plan the wedding but we started wandering down this street and there was a church."

"Please say you took a load of photos!" Lydia exclaimed.

"Uh... His eyes flash in photos, Lyds..." Jess responded.

"I don't care! I need photos!"

"Well there's not a photo but there is a video that we've been sent a copy of. I can send it to you?" Jess offered.

"Please!" Lydia begged.

"Alright I'll just get my laptop. By the way, you and Aiden-"

"Don't ask. I really don't know what's going on there. There's definitely something between Isaac and Alli though."

"Should we try adding her to the call?"

"YES!" Lydia screamed as she tried adding their friend to the call. 

"Guys, I can't talk right now." Allison whispered into her phone as she quickly walked out of her father's office. "We're gonna try finding Katashi."

"Who?" Jess asked.

"He's this guy that was at my father's first gun deal. Those figures from last night appeared back then as well. Katashi is one of the only ones that survived that night." The huntress explained.

"Alright well if you need help with anything give me a call. Oh and if you see Derek tell him to call me."

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah everything's fine... He's just not here right now." 

"I've gotta go, I left Isaac alone with my father. See you two later."

"Bye, Alli." The girls responded.

"I should probably go too and you've got school..." Jess stated as she got out of bed and headed to the kitchen to make some coffee.

"Okay. Talk to you later. We need to come up with a plan to find out what's going on with Allison and Isaac at some point."

"We will. Bye, Lyds." Jess hung up the phone and tried calling Derek once again. 

"Hey, Beautiful." Derek answered. 

"Where the hell are you, Hale?" She questioned as she started pouring some coffee into a mug.