Fireflies

Jess burst through the doors of the abandoned bank and followed the sound of yelling to find her boyfriend, Allison and Scott.

"Der!" She called out. He looked at the two before heading over to his girlfriend.

"What are you doing here?"

"I heard the entire fight. Cora's alive?"

"Yeah... Erica wasn't in there though. Isaac said he found her in a storage cupboard." 

"I'll come with you."

"No, stay here. We know the alphas aren't round here and at least if they're waiting elsewhere, you'll know and can send Scott." 

"Ok." She agreed, knowing that he wouldn't let her go anywhere dangerous while she's pregnant. "I love you." She whispered as she pulled him in for a quick hug before standing an awkward distance away from the former couple as Scott explained what happened the night of the rave. 

"She tried killing you?" Allison summarised.

"Uh... yeah. Yeah I guess." 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'll tell you everything, okay? I'll tell you any-anything that you wanna know but right now-" He stammered before being interrupted by his ex-girlfriend.

"Just tell me why."

"I... I couldn't. Allison, I couldn't let that be the last memory you had of her." Scott explained as Allison nodded slowly before all eyes fell on Derek as he walked back into the vault with Erica's corpse; he looked absolutely devastated. 

                                                                                        ~~~~~~

"You lost them?" Derek asked on the phone to Scott. The three were searching for Cora and Boyd in the woods after they ran out of the abandoned bank; Derek and Jess were searching together while Scott went on his own.

"I kinda had too." Scott replied.

"Wasn't exactly the plan..." Derek responded. 

"I know, which is why I think that we should all stick together. Trust me, he's too strong, too fast and way too angry for one person to handle. We've got to do this together."

"I agree, Der." Jess stated, taking the phone from her boyfriend. "Scott, we're at the trails by the entrance to the preserve. Could you meet us here?"

"Yeah... Just got to drop something off first..." The beta spoke before hanging up the call. Derek leaned against a tree as he watched his girlfriend turn to face him.

"We're wasting time, Jess." He commented.

"Scott's right though. Catching one is going to be hard enough let alone both of them. I think we need more help though."

"I'll call Isaac." Jess just nodded as the boy walked away slightly to make the call while keeping an eye on her. She was trying to track Cora's footprints but they'd been walked over. She started following them back while Derek followed behind. "Jess, Isaac's on his way." He called out causing her to stop so they could walk back to the entrance. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Just feeling a bit weird." She responded as she reached for his hand.

"Weird, how?"

"I don't really know."

"I think you should go back home, Jess."

"Do you realise how stressed I was waiting there?" She questioned, letting go of his hand and stopping in her tracks.