The Movie - Part Two

"Hey, Mom... Aunt Malia..." Eli greeted awkwardly. 

"Wow you've gotten really big." Scott stated, chuckling slightly.

"Probably because I was only 3 the last time you saw me." 

"What are you doing out here?"

"Exactly my question. Aren't you supposed to be in your room? I know your dad didn't let you out." Jess spoke angrily. 

"Uh...  I was kind of wondering what you guys were doing out here." Eli said.

"Hiking." Malia answered. "Can't you tell? It's a really nice night for hiking."

"I know what you're looking for." Eli stated. "The tree, right? That huge stump that's like 20 feet wide?"

"Do you know how to find it?" Lydia asked.

"Kinda." He replied. "I sleepwalk. I don't know why but I've just been doing it the last few months."

"I used to wake up in the woods too." Said the alpha.

"After you were bit by Peter, right?" 

Scott laughed slightly and nodded. "Yeah, your parents tell you a few stories?"

"Yeah all of them." Eli responded excitedly.

Lydia and Malia turned to look at the mother as she sighed. "It was the only thing that would get him to sleep when he was younger." She defended. "Now what about the tree?"

"It's not far from here." He answered.

"I knew we were going the right way." Malia stated.

"No, you were going the wrong way. It's that way." He said, pointing behind the girls.

"We were circling back. Thank you."

"I can help you find it!"

"Got it." Malia shouted back, walking off in the direction he pointed.

"Hey come on!" 

Lydia and Scott turned to Jess who took a deep breath and then looked at her son warningly. "You don't tell your father about this." 

"Wouldn't dare." He replied, holding his hands up in surrender before chasing after Malia.

"Anyone want to adopt a 15 year old?" She jokingly asked as Lydia and Scott walked over.

"Come on." Scott laughed, placing a hand on her back.

They continued walking for a while when Eli finally approached Lydia, having spoken to everyone but her. "Aren't you the screamer?"

"Banshee." Lydia corrected.

"Yeah but banshees scream, right?"

"Well they wail if you want to get technical but yes."

"So how loud can you scream?" 

"Eli, stop questioning her." Jess ordered.

"Loud enough to create a burst of acoustic energy that could crush your skull." Lydia answered the boy before walking ahead.

Eli froze for a moment. "Good to know."

"There it is." Malia spoke, pushing in front of the others. "So what should we do about Argent?"

"Uh I mean I'm never gonna get a signal now." Scott replied. "Even if he was texting me I wouldn't know."

"Well, we're going to have to do this now. We can't wait for him." Lydia advised.

"It's his daughter." Scott pointed out.

"But this has to be done tonight, right?" Jess asked. "I'd want you to do this without me for Eli or Addi if I couldn't be here. Now come on, Kid, you've got lacrosse and I'm taking you."