I Love You

Jess had graduated Beacon Hills High School a few weeks after the warehouse incident. During those few weeks, she hadn't seen much of Derek understandably; no one had really. She had been comforting Allison and Scott on their breakup as well as Stiles on Lydia and Jackson getting back together. Today, however, was the day she was leaving for her trip and she knew she couldn't go without saying goodbye to Derek which is how she found herself searching all of his hideouts.

She started at the train station but found no luck before moving onto the old Hale house but again no luck. She wandered through the woods but couldn't find him and she knew she was getting picked up for the airport soon so Jess walked back to her car and drove home.

She opened the door to her house and was greeted by one of her favourite smells; Chinese food. "Hello?" She called out as she walked towards the kitchen. "If I'm dreaming I don't wanna know, if you're an intruder please leave the food!"

"Guess you could call me an intruder but I'm not going without having some of this food myself." A voice replied causing her to sprint the rest of the way and leap into the arms of her boyfriend.

"I've been looking for you all day! I've got a flight out tonight-"

"I know. Charlotte called me from your phone the other day and told me everything about the flight and how you've been the past few weeks."

"I've missed you, you idiot." She chuckled as she avoided eye contact with him.

"I've missed you too. Now, food?" 

"Please! I'm starving." She replied, earning a laugh from him. Jess looked around the room and realised just how much effort her boyfriend had put into this; there were candles everywhere, her favourite flowers on the table, her favourite wine poured in a glass that he handed to her as they walked to the table. "Okay, what's going on? You've gone all out here..."

"I can't do something nice for my girlfriend who I haven't seen for a few weeks?"

"Spill it, Hale." She ordered as she glared at him.

"Wow you hate surprises, don't you?"

"I do." She replied as she took a sip of her wine.

"Why don't you tell me why you've spent the day looking for me?" He asked while smirking, already knowing the answer.

"I've decided to take a gap year. Your turn." She responded, raising an eyebrow at him as she smirked.

"Your smirk's cute." He commented, causing her to laugh and blush slightly. 

"Hale, answer. Now." She ordered.

"After we've eaten. Come on, you need food and I need to hear about all the gossip!"

"Derek Hale cares about gossip?"

"Well I care about my mate and she loves gossiping to her boyfriend so who am I to stop that?" He answered while chuckling. 

"You're lucky you're hot, Hale." She replied as she sat down at the table.

"That's very true, I mean how else would you have ever dealt with the fact that I'm your mate?" He teased. 

"Shut it."

                                                                                        ~~~~~~

Jess took off her denim jacket and chucked it on the back of the couch as she walked round to lay down on it.

"That was some good food!" She exclaimed.