Broken Glass

A FEW MONTHS AGO:

"Jess!" Derek called out, running down the stairs to find his wife and daughter sat on the floor playing with baby toys. "I've got a lead, we need to go. I've already spoken to Cora and she's happy to take Addi for the day."

"Okay. Behind that painting is a safe, combination is 532601, grab the bag and I'll grab some milk from the fridge to put in Addi's bag." Instructed Jess as she picked her daughter up off of her mat and placed her into her playpen.

"You still keep bags of weapons?! We have a baby!" The wolf shouted.

"Which is why they're now in safes." The brunette countered. "Just grab the bag, Hale!"

"When did you even have a safe installed?" Questioned Derek.

"Are you really wanting to ask questions right now? Be thankful I took the bags out the car." The witch replied as she walked back into the room and knelt down by the smiling Addison. Jess chuckled at the little girl before turning to her husband. "We made a good one."

"We did." He agreed, smiling at his daughter. "We should get going." With that he picked the bags up and walked out to the car as Jess strapped Addison into her car seat.

                                                                                                 ~~~~~~

"So what's the lead, Der?" Asked Jess a few minutes after they had dropped Addison off at Cora's. 

"You put the shield up around Cora's?" Derek queried.

"What? Yeah of course I did but that doesn't answer my question." The witch replied.

The green eyed wolf glanced over to her before facing back to the road. "Hunters meeting. I was thinking you could go in, convince them that you're wanting to go back to that and get answers about what's going on. I'm gonna be right by the door, no one will lay a hand on you, I promise."

"Just remember... if anything were to happen... there'd be no one stopping Stiles from annoying you." Teased Jess. Derek glared at her before turning his attention back to the road. "Not team Sterek then, Der?"

"Definitely not." He grumbled. "Plus, as my wife and my mate, I don't think you should be supporting it either."

"I support it. 100%." The brunette witch replied only for her husband's glare to intensify. "I'm just teasing, Sourwolf, I love you and if Stiles even considered stealing you from me, I'd kick his ass."

"That's my girl." Derek smiled as he reached across and held her hand. "Just without the 'Sourwolf' part."

"Alright, I'll give you that. You definitely have been less of a sourwolf since Addi was born." Responded the witch. 

The wolf just chuckled before pulling up on the side of a dirt track. "This is as close as we should get in a car. Are you sure you're okay with this plan? We can think of anoth-" He started to say but Jess just silenced him with a kiss.

"Shut up. We need to do this and this is the plan we have so we're going with it. I'll be fine. I'm a witch remember? Use your wolfy senses, I'm not nervous, am I?" She whispered to her husband.

Derek took a deep breath before nodding. "Let's go."

                                                                                               ~~~~~~

"Der... Something's not right here..." Jess realised as they started walking down the dirt path to the shed where the hunters were supposedly meeting.