Frenemy

"Hey." Derek said as he walked into Jess' room.

"Hey..."

"Look I'm sorry about earlier-"

"The part where you wanted to kill my friend or where one of your betas almost tore my stomach out?" He sighed and walked over to sit on the bed where she was laying. 

"Everything. I should've listened to you. We're partners and you know more about what we're up against."

"You should've." Jess responded.

"I'm so sorry."

"Would you have actually killed her?"

"Honestly?" He questioned causing her to roll her eyes and nod. "I wanted to but I could feel your anger and it was like an anchor for me."

She nodded slowly as she processed what he was saying.

"Do you want me to go?" He asked as he got up from her bed only for her to grab his hand.

"Stay." She whispered as she climbed out of the bed and wrapped her arms around his waist. "Everything has been so crazy lately."

"I know." He responded calmly, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her forehead. "How are you feeling?"

"Stressed." Derek just nodded and rubbed her back.

                                                                                            ~~~~~~

Jess and Derek woke up the following morning to the witch's phone ringing. 

"Dammit Stiles." Derek groaned as he passed Jess her phone.

"Stiles, what is it? You've made someone a sourwolf." Jess asked as she answered the phone while rubbing her eyes and sitting up. Derek stayed laying down and stroked Jess' back before pulling his girlfriend back down to lay on his chest.

"We've done something stupid and we need your help. Could you meet us at the preserve?" 

"Okay I'll see you in a bit." She responded before hanging up. "You have any idea what they've done? You were with them at the club last night with the kanima, right?"

"Yeah I was but I have no clue what they've done now."

"I should go meet them." She stated as she swung her legs over the side of the bed.

"5 more minutes." Derek spoke as he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back to the centre of the bed causing her to laugh.

"DEREK!" She shrieked while laughing. "I have to go meet them!" 

"Alright, alright. I should go check on Isaac, Erica and Boyd... How long till Isaac can move again by the way?"

"Until I say so." She answered before giving him a kiss and running off to the bathroom.

                                                                                     ~~~~~~

Jess pulled up to the preserve but was unable to spot the jeep. She got out of her car just as Scott ran over.

"Jess! Thank god you're here!"

"What's happened?" She asked as Scott grabbed her hand and pulled her back in the direction he came.

"So you know how Jackson is the kanima?" Jess nodded so he continued. "Well Derek didn't kill him when he slit his throat... Jackson turned back into Jackson but was naked and unconscious so Stiles and I kinda kidnapped him..."