°TWELVE°

I woke up in my own bed and got ready for work. I wear a suit that fit me right. After getting everything done I then proceed to work.

I get to the top floor and headed for Liam's office door. I open the door to see Liam's father on Liam's chair. "Oh um James?" I say a bit confused. Why is he here? "It's Mr Augero to you." Oh. Well. "Oh yes of course. I'm sorry." I say putting Liam's coffee. I bought him something new today in hopes that he would like it.

"Miss Dlamini, sit down." he says. I hurriedly make my way to the chairs in front of the desk and sit down. I'm so nervous. "Ever since you have been with my son, my son is nothing but distracted. That cannot be tolerated at all." he says sternly. What does he mean? "Um I'm sorry Sir but I'm confused. Everything is going smoothly."

"According to the accounting department, we lost two million dollars this month. Liam is too busy so-called admiring you to even focus on this company. I also heard you assaulted Miss Evans on your first day." Oh shit. "So as you may know, I still own half of this company. That gives me every right to dismiss you from the company." Wait? Is he-firing me?

"Please sir. I promise I'll work harder, please don't fire me." "I'm sorry but it's already done. You are dismissed to collect your things. You have 10 minutes." I just looked down in defeat, fighting the tears wanting to fall out.

"Thank you." I softly say as I head into my office. Well my old office now. I sit down on my chair and the tears come out. I look up and see two boxes. Wow. Even prepared boxes for me. I take the boxes and put everything of mine in it. Everything fit into the box.

I then place my laptop on top of the desk. I took a sticky note and wrote the password. I then take my box and make my way out. I get to the bottom floor and head straight towards Jade. "Marii?" "Liam's father. He fired me." I say between cries.

"What? Why?" I then tell her the reason he gave me. "Jase, I don't know what to do." "I'm so sorry baby. But you know what we will figure it out together." Jade and I just lock hands. "Let me leave you to work. I'll talk to you later." I say as I make my way out. I can't believe I was fired, again! No one is going to want to hire me now. I get home and flop onto my bed and just let all my emotions out. Worst day ever.

Liam's POV

I drive into the parking lot when I see Marii get into a cab leaving. Where the hell is she going? She probably has to go somewhere important. Well she better be back cause I want to see that pretty face in front of me.

I give my car to the valet who takes my car to the underground parking I have just for me and a few other men. I head into the building and greet Jade. I hear her heels clicking towards me.

"How dare you let your father do that to Marii." "What are you talking about Jade?" I ask her as I walk on to my elevator. "Your father just fired Marii." I immediately stop and turn towards Jade. "What did you just say?" "You heard what I said. Wait you don't know?" she asks. What the fuck?! Why would her do that? "Excuse me." I say as I head towards my office.

I open the door to reveal my father there with Kayla. What the fuck is she doing here? "Father. What is it that I hear? You fired Marii?" "Yes I did. She is distracting you. It was the only choice." "Are you serious right now. Look father I know you don't like her but this is unnecessary."

"The company lost two million this month. This is very much necessary." "Maybe you should question the loss of that money to the Accountant whom you appoint who is very much unqualified for her job." I sau referring to Kayla. I hear her scoff. "Excuse me." she says.