°SIXTEEN°

Feel free to comment and vote❤️

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Simone's short POV

"What do you mean she's gone?!" Chad the landlord looked at me blankly telling me she's gone. "I mean she took her stuff and left." he said. "And you let her?!" "I was asleep. Everyone was asleep. Plus she was bound to go since she failed to pay the rent." "What do you mean. She told me she pays it." "Miss ma'am. Your little girl has no job. What would she be paying with."

What? So she's been lying to us this whole time. Why would she do that. Fuck! I just wanted her to stay here until that bastard of a father goes for his little business trip.

I groaned and left that raggedy place.
"Find her ASAP." I say to my bodyguard. "Yes ma'am." he says as we go back to the house.

Liam's POV

For some reason my family thought it was the best time to have a family barbeque at my house. I'm tryna be all alone but they won't leave me alone. I try to gather my thoughts. It's been 10 months now and I still haven't found my Marii. I have only a week to find her or I have to get married to Kayla.

Why did I want to make my father happy again back then. The contract I signed about Kayla also says that I should marry her at a certain date before I get the company and mafia. The only way to break it is if I find someone else and now I don't have her here.

"Darling what are doing all alone out here. The families outside." I hear my moms voice. I understand that she's just trying to make me feel better but sometimes I just wished she would just leave me alone.

"I don't feel like it mom." I say making myself busy. "Liam get your ass downstairs now." she said sternly. I looked at her. "Now." she continues. I sighed as I just stood up and left. As much as I refuse to go down there, I would rather play it safe and not argue with an Italian mom.

I get outside and everyone's out talking amongst each other. My dad was busy doing the meat. Why he wearing a long sleeved shirt in this heat? Does he always have to wear long sleeve. I look at the circle of woman talking to see Kayla. What is she doing here? I thought this was a family gathering.

I don't dare to go towards them. I want to avoid Kayla at all times. "Hey man. How you holding up?" Drake says beside me. "Barely." "Mom drag you out here?" "You guessed it." I say. "Hey." I hear the most annoying voice say behind me. "Can I talk to Liam for a second." I mouth don't to Drake. He just smiles and rolls his eyes. "He's all yours." he says as he left.

I can't believe him. I'm getting back at him for that. "Hey Liam." "Kayla." I simply say. "Look I know I haven't been the best person for the time I've known you. You probably think I'm this annoying chick you just fuck." she says. What is she tryna do? "I also understand that marrying me is probably the last thing you would do right now and that you still in love with Marii, maybe... I don't know. What I'm tryna say is I'll give all the space and help you need and that I'm sorry for causing you any trouble in the past."

She looks down at her feet after she said all that. Am I shocked that she said that, yes. Am I buying it, maybe yes or not I'm not sure. "It's okay Kayla really. Thanks for saying that." "It's okay. Um I'll just leave you to your thoughts now." she said walking back to my sisters.