°TWENTY TWO°

I looked at Kayla on the ground. Just laying in her own blood. "I'm sorry sir." I hear Martha say. I just look at her then smile.

"Shit. I never knew we had a badass nanny." Drake says.

I then call on the clean up crew to get rid of Kayla's body. I then hear a faint cry sound. I look to see Marii hanging on to the stair railing. “Marii.” I say as I go to her.

She then stands up but she falls into my arms. Her legs must be weak. She then started crying. “It's okay Marii you're safe now.” her face then scrunched up. "Safe? Am I really?"

"Yes you are. I got-" "Get off me." She said as she pushed herself from me. She started breathing faster as she hit the floor. I tried helping her but she just pushed me away. What's going on?

"Marii let me help you up." I say going to her again. "I said get off me!" She said shouting. Drake comes in out of no where. "Marii come on." He said trying to help her up.

She did not push him away.

"I want to go. I want to leave." She starts to repeat over and over. "Marii-" I whisper her name trying to touch her.

"Let me go! You always say you'll protect. You love me. But I've been kidnapped, humiliated and abused by your own father. I've been humiliated by some random people because of YOU! Teared down to pieces by you own fucking wife and you say you love me?! No. No you don't." She says as tears flow down her face.

I didn't know what to do. I was stuck. "Let me just um take her away for a while." Drake says as he disappears. I just looked at the ground. What did I do? I hurt her. I fucking hurt her!

Shards of glass flew everywhere as I realized I just wiped down everything on the table next to me. "Liam! Come on bro stop! Relax. She has every right to be mad right now. We just have to wait until she's cool and you'll work everything out with her." Drake says coming out of no where.

"Where is she?" I ask. "I would tell you but I know you. You'll just go to her now and ignore the fact she needs to cool.down. You know what, I might as well just stay to make sure you don't go to her."

Marii's POV

I feel Drake put me down onna bed. I dont say anything and neither does he. He hand me blanket and makes sure i was comfortable.

The sound of glass shattering sounds outside. "Shit. Um ill be back." Drake says. "No dont leave me. She'll kill me." I say gripping onto Drake's arm. "Who?" He asks.

I say Kaylas name. “Protect me from Kayla. I've been suffering with her. I can't take it any more.” “I know.” “What?” “I just found out. Marii I'm sorry. I'm sorry that no one believed you. I should have been there for you. Look don't worry, you don't have to worry about her any more. She's gone.”

"what do you mean she's gone?” “Um, Martha hit her over the head with an object.” “She killed her?!” “Well only because Kayla was going to kill Liam.” “Oh.”

Glass shatters sound again and a yell. Bitchy enough Liam. "Ill come back okay. Just rest for me please." I just nod my head as i watch him leave.

After a while the door opens again to reveal Drake. "You're back." I say with a smile. "Yep." He said. "Looks like I'll be camping here with you. Knowing Liam be will try to talk to you right now."