°TWENTY ONE°

"Sir. May I come in?" I hear Frida. "Yes Frida." She comes in. "I found another one." She says as she lifts a paper. She then gives it to me. "It was on the fridge." I then read:

I took a bunch of stuff to eat. I'm sorry if you're mad. Just to let you know.

Marii.

"Sir don't be mad, she only took a little. I checked." Frida said. "I'm not mad. That's the least of my worries right now." I then stand up and took a coat.

"Liam where are you going?" Kayla asked. "To go get Marii." "Where?" "I will search the city. I will search the whole of America if I have to." I say as I leave. I call my guys to help search for Marii. I then get into the car with my driver. It was pouring outside.

"Liam you need to relax. We will find her." Dave said. "There are people out there looking for Marii to take her. I don't where she is so I can protect her. So don't tell me to relax Dave." He then kept quiet.

After a while I receive a call from Mike. "Sir I have my eyes on her." "Where are you." "I'm by the hudson cornershop. She's lying on a bench." "Okay send me the address and..."

"Wait. A van just pulled up in front of her. And two guys just came out." "What are they doing?" "I can't really see... They just pulled away, they took her!" "Follow that van now!" "Yes sir." He said and dropped the call.

"They got her." I say as I punch the dashboard." I then receive coordinates of where the van has stopped. I receive a text.

Unknown: We have Marii. Her for what we want.

I drive over and meet Mike and the others. We were in the middle of no where. Before me was an old house. We were hidden, so who ever was in that house cannot see us. I then instruct the men on how we will get inside and get Marii.

Marii's short POV

I was lying on the bench. It was pouring. I'm wet and I'm cold. I can't sleep. A van stopped right in front of me. Two men then came out and came towards me. They then forcefully took me. "Hey what are you doing? Leave me alone!"

They throw me inside the van and tied me up. "Please let me go. You have the wrong person." I say. "So you're not Marii?" A person said. I look to see who it was. It was a man. He was sitting in a chair across from me. "Who are you?" "I would say you're worst nightmare. But that's a little cheesy. Don't you think." He said and laughed.

"What do you want from me?" "Oh nothing. I don't want anything from you. I want something from Liam. I gave him an option. He can have you back if he gives me what I want." "Well unfortunately. I'm not in his life any more. He won't give you anything because he doesn't give a damn about me any more."

"Really? Are we talking about the same Liam? Because the Liam I'm talking about is going around the city looking for you. We would've also but lucky for us we had some help from his little wife."

Kayla! Why?! I then keep quiet. After sometime I feel the van stop. The door opened. "Take her out." The man instructed. The two other men then took me. I tried to get loose but that didn't work.

I was then in a dark room. Flashbacks of the first time I was kidnapped came to me. This time I was alone. I just cried. Why me? Why does it have to be me who lives like this. All I wanted was to have a great job, a great house and a wonderful family.

I studied hard so I can impress my family in heaven. I guess it's true what they say. Dreams are just fantasies you believe in. I should have just stayed in South Africa with my aunts and uncles. None of this would've happen.

Yes, I would not meet the love of my life. But look where we are. We're just people who live together for the sake of Rose. Well this is my life now.

After a while I then hear shots. What is happening? My heart was beating fast. I was hearing people shouting in pain. The door opened and the man and another came in and took me. "What's going on?" I asked.

"Shut up!" He said. The other man took me. "Where are you taking me?" "I said shut up." They were then running. I don't know if I'm mistaken but I think I saw a glimpse of Liam when we passed a door. "Liam!" I start to shout. I then kept calling on his name. "Shut up!" The man said and punched me. I then see black.

Liam's POV

We sneaked into the place. We were all scattered. A gun shot then goes. I then see men in front of me, ready to shoot. I then shot one and Mike shoots the other.

We were then shot at by a couple others. I hid behind a wall until they shot no more. I then move and shoot at them. I pass the lifeless men and my intention right now was to find Marii. I looked in rooms but no sign of her.

I shot at any obstacle on the way. I then hear my name. It's Marii's voice. She kept on shouting my name. I followed the voice. It was then quiet. After some time I then see her. She seemed blacked out. She was carried by a guy and leading him was the rival leader.

Mike and I then came in front of them. The guy who carried Marii dropped her to get his gun. How dare he throw her like that. I then shoot at him. I look at the leader.

"It's over. Give her to me or you're dead." He just laughed. He then puts on a serious face. "Put the gun down or she's going too." He said pointing the gun at Marii. "Put them down." He said.

I then slowly put mine on the ground. I look to Mike who still had his gun pointing at the leader. "Put it down." I say to Mike. He looks at me and puts it down. "How did you know where she was?" I ask.

"Well if you have to know. I went to your house and ran into your wife, and well she told me where she was." How? How did Kayla know where Marii was. "Wives don't turn out to be who you thought they are, huh. Now. Where is it?" "I don't have it." I say.

He just laughed. "You came here without it. Now that was a mistake. You know what I said I would do if you don't give it to me. You leave me no choi..." He was interrupted by two shots sounding behind him.

He then falls to the ground. I look up to see Dave. "He was talking too much for me." He said with a smile. I then smile at him. We then took Marii and left. I get back home and lay Marii down.

"Liam! I've been worried sick. Where have you been? Oh my you found Marii!" Kayla said the last sentence trying to sound happy.

I look at her in disgust. "How did you know where Marii was?" "What?" "You heard me. Why are selling Marii out?" "I-I don't... I'm not. What do you mean?" "I think I know." Drake says.

"You've been threatening and torturing Marii ever since she got here." he continues "What!? I would never." "Oh but you would." "You have no proof of that." "Who said I don't?" "What are you talking about?" I ask Drake.

"Old broken cameras have been replaced long time ago." "When?" "I don't remember but I sent a guy." "What does the cameras have to do with this?"

"Really Liam. An idea of why I'm talking about cameras doesn't come to mind. You have been telling me about how Marii is lying about Kayla and I decided to watch every day you complained about. To see she wasn't lying. Oh and the reason she ran away. Why don't you tell him Kayla."

I look at Kayla and she had fear written all over her face. She kept quiet. "Oh you don't want to tell him you have been sending a man here every day this whole week when Liam's gone to rape Marii. What a way to act out of anger about the kissing incident between Liam and Marii."

"I didn't do that!" "Remember Kayla, proof is in hand." She was quiet. I was getting angry. "You bitc..." I said as I came towards her but she stopped me by pointing a gun at me.

"Yeah I did it. I did all of it. I did everything from the kidnap by your father. I was a big part of that. Your father promised me a lot if I were with you. I did everything because I knew she was capable of taking you away from me and I was not about to lose you because of some black bitch."

I then see Martha behind Kayla carrying something. She was sneaking close to Kayla. I didn't do anything. "But if I can't have you now, then no on will." She said as she unlocks the gun. As soon as she does that, Martha then takes the heavy thing and hit it over Kayla's head. Kayla then falls onto the ground, blood coming out of her head.