°TWENTY THREE°

Two week has gone by and I was sitting in the lounge area rocking Rose to sleep. It was about 6:24pm, when the garage door opened.

Liam came in and stopped looking at me. "What?" He just smiles. Ummm? "Early gift." He said holding out flowers. Flowers? What's he up to??

"Why you giving me flowers." I ask, carefully adjusting Rose' head.

"It's an early gift." He says still holding them out. "For what?" He looks at me in confusion.

"Did you forget your own birthday?" He asks more confused. Oh shit. I did forget my own birthday. Wait. I look at my phone to it was the 27th of August. Oh wow. It's my birthday tomorrow.

I laugh nervously. "Oh wow. I did forget." I say smiling awkwardly. The couch then dips signaling me that Liam has say down next to me.

"Oh. How do you forget your own birthday?" He asked chuckling. "A lot has happened. I have Rose. The least of my problems is knowing when my birthday. I know... I sound stupid."

"No, no, no you don't." He said that quite fast. Made as if what I said gave him a heart attack.

"Okay." I say chuckling. "I also got something for Rose." He then pulled out a stuffed elephant. "I know how excited she gets when seeing one on TV." He said with a chuckle.

"Aw. That's thoughtful. She'll probably love it." I sat as I pull Rose closer to my chest.

"So um since you probably don't have anything planned, I was just thinking you need a break from motherhood and focus on yourself. So um I booked us um a place in-"

I held my hand up to stop him. Booked? Place? Us? "Let stop you there. Booked us a place?"

"I um uh I uh Booked us a place in Maldives to just get away from everything." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"Look don't get me wrong. This is amazing and I'm really grateful, but who is us?" I asked crossing my fingers hoping he adds a couple people to the list.

"I um just you and me. I- Marii please just please give me a chance to prove myself please."

"If you think doing a lux vacation will 'prove' yourself to me. Well guess what, you're wrong." I say as I stood up ready to leave.

"No wait. NO I don't think that at all. I just honestly wanted you to take a break because I know things have been more stressful ever since Rose and I really wanted you to relax."

"Okay. I just wished that you had communicated with me first." I say as I sat back down.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I should have. Um. How was um the appointment." So Liam has me going to this gynecologist, just check up on me. I told him I have never gone to one. Could never afford one.

Turns out I have genital injury.

"It went good. The injury has fully healed now, and she just gave me another ointment." I say as I stood up.

"Oh that's great." He proceeded to stand up.

"Well I'm just going to lay Rose down." I say as I walk away. I realize after a while that Liam was following me. Oh gosh.

I entered the nursery and placed Rose in her crib. I hear the door close as I made sure Rose was comfortable.

I then feel someone just right behind me. I slowly stand straight as I sigh out. "Liam what you doing." I say as I lean onto the crib walls.

"Nothing." He says leaning onto the crib himself. I turn around awkwardly. "Well your nothingness is making me uncomfortable." I say as I realized how close he was. I mean his face was literally a hand away from my face.