Making it Work

Surprisingly... They did make it work. They changed the boys name and hair, and using some friends of their in the witness protection program, managed to get some papers to identify Touya as theirs. Both men took more time out of their patrols and had careful planning, not that their planning wasn't careful before. Hizashi was very responsible with his time management. 

   A few weeks after that night Touya Todoroki was legally confirmed dead. Touya Aizawa took the place. 

   Two months later saw the boy with a private tutor. The tutor worked during the weekdays while both Aizawa and Hizashi were at school. Hizashi took Touya for the afternoon until his show (on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. All other days he had patrols at that time) and then Aizawa watched him the rest of the night. Their usual schedule was interrupted occasionally by the hectic life that was being a pro but for the most part it worked. 

   Four months into the arrangement something changed. 

   Aizawa and Hizashi felt like mentors to the boy. They helped him grown and they taught him. They were teachers...

   Right?

   "Hizashi how do you spell independent in English?" Touya huffed. He struggled in the subject so he was thankful whenever Hizashi was around. Luckily today was on of the days when Shouta and Hizashi's schedule's aligned and they could have the day together. 

   "I n d e p e n d e n t." Hizashi responded without looking up from his papers. 

   "Thanks dad." 

    Hizashi looked up and immediately to the side. He and Shouta locked eyes before Hizashi looked back to the boy. "Dad?"

   Touya looked up with a confused expression before he paled. "I-I mean- Fuck. Hizashi! I didn't say dad."

   "First of all language." Hizashi frowned. "You're way to young to say that. Second of all. I don't mind little listener! You can call me that if you want!"

   Touya huffed. "I don't want to. It was a mistake."

   Shouta smiled fondly. "Alright Touya. Get back to your homework."

   Touya frowned glaring at the two before he continued writing. "Whatever weirdos."