I Must Confess

Touya came to slowly. He was in a hospital...

    He hated hospitals!

   He furrowed his brows and looked around the room... It was pretty empty. Except for the man sitting to his left. He was blond with long hair and glasses. Shit that was his dad. 

   He sat up and winced. His arm was wrapped up like a present. What in the world happened...? He remembered the raid... And his coolant gear malfunctioned. That explained the arm, probably a burn... But after? He had vague memories of a blond man with golden eyes. And Keigo... 

   He shook that thought off. Keigo was long gone. He was probably dead. It was a dream. It had to be.

   "Pops..?"

   The man beside him shifted and opened his eyes. Sleeping with his hearing aids in... Dad would have a fit. "Touya! You're up!" 

   "Yeah." Touya chuckled and rubbed his head. "I feel like a sack of bricks... What happened?"

   "Well your team has taken out three quarters of the villains. And then your gear malfunctioned and you were badly injured. Hawks barricaded you and him in a room and waited until backup came." Hizashi leaned his head to the side to crack his neck. 

   "Damn... Now I rememebr why I always have that gear on." Touya chuckled. "What day is it?"

   "Tuesday. You were only out for two days. They did some surgery to reconnect the nerves and put a skin graft on. You should heal up fine. It might scar though." 

   "I see. Why the fuck am I still here?"

   Hizashi rolled his eyes. "You and your hatred of hospitals. Everyone else is at school still. I passed my classes off to a sub for the day."

   "You didn't have to do that."

   "Yeah I know. I'm just worried y'know..? I was on the backup squad..."

   Touya did have that fuzzy feeling like cotton in his ears that happened whenever he was around his dads quirk... "Yeah that makes sense..."

   A calm silence fell over the two for a moment before Hizashi spoke again. "Hawks has been visiting you in here. He's really concerned."

   "Really?" Touya raised a brow. "Was I that bad?"

   "Apparently you were really out of it. He wants to talk to you."

   "Knock knock."

   Hizashi looked up toward the door. "Speak of the devil. I was just telling him you were waiting for him."

   Hawks gave a light smile. "I see... Good to see you awake man."

   Touya smiled. "Yeah. Thanks for everything. Guess I owe you."

   "Yeah." Hawks chuckled but the smile wiped from his face leaving an almost... sad look behind. Now that was strange... In the few times Touya met Hawks he was always held back. He never let anything show. He wasn't one to be sad about this kind of accident...

   ". . . Well! I better go tell the nurse you're okay!" Hizashi stood and passed Hawks to get out. The door shut quietly behind him. 

   "What is it?"

   "Do you remember... A boy named Keigo..?"