My Rock

After the chaos of the last several weeks Katsuki was feeling... off. He hated it. He was always supposed to be on his A-game! He was going to be the number one hero. He was... He was feeling pretty crappy. He hadn't felt this crappy since the day his parents died. 

   Why was he feeling like this?! It made no sense. He had no reason to feel bad! He just passed his provisional license exam! He and Toshi and the ones they "teamed" with. He did better than fucking Icy-Hot which should make him fucking overjoyed but instead he just felt... numb. 

   As he walked he caught sight of Deku excitedly telling AllMight about something. His stomach twisted more. 

   'Kat... Y'kay?' Hitoshi signed as he passed his brother in the halls of the dorm building. He had been worried about Katsuki for a while now. He was acting off. 

   Katsuki rolled his eyes. "Fuck off Toshi. Leave me alone."

   Hitoshi blinked. Okay that was definitely worrying...

   Katsuki sighed and stepped outside the building. The sun had gone down making it a bit chilly. Summer was starting to give way finally and fall was edging its way in. Soon enough it would be that day again. The thought just made Katsuki frown more. 

   He moved to the courtyard area just to the side of the dorm building. He slipped his hearing aids out and took a practice stance. He couldn't exactly use his explosions but he could still practice some close combat moves. 

   In the silence Katsuki didn't notice someone approaching. When he finally felt the sand move he groaned inwardly and turned dropping out of his stance. "Hitoshi I don't want to- Kirishima?"

   The red-head gave a sheepish grin and waved. 

   Katsuki huffed and reached for his hearing aids again. 

   Kirishima frantically waved his hands and shook his head. After he got the blond's attention he smiled again. 'That's okay. We can talk like this.'

   Katsuki stared at the other before he took a seat on the bench. 'Where did you learn sign?'

   The redhead gave another sheepish look as he sat down. 'I took an online course.'

   "Why the fuck would you do that?" Katsuki snorted out loud. 'I could have taught you.' If Katsuki was thinking outside his family, Kirishima was probably his favorite person. The two of them worked decently together and Kirishima was a respectable fighter. 

   Kirishima laughed lightly making the bench shift with his movement. 'I wanted to surprise you.'

   That bit shocked Katsuki. For him? Really. 'Why?'

   'Cuz you're one of my best friends Bakubro!'

   Katsuki snorted out a laugh. 'You need to work on your sign. You just called us lovers.'

   Kirishima flushed nearly as red as his hair. His mouth flung open quickly in an attempt to apologize. 

   Katsuki snorted again. 'Chill. It's okay.'

   Kirishima huffed and went quiet. He still seemed flustered over his mistake. 

   Katsuki relished in the silence for another moment before he stood. 'Wanna spar?'

   Kirishima raised a brow. 'Some of the guys inside are sleeping.'

   'Who said anything about quirks?'

   Kirishima smiled again as he stood up. 'You think you can beat me in a one on one fight?'

   'Definetly.'

   'You're on.'

   Katsuki gave a smug grin. 'Try me Shitty Hair.' 

   From inside Hitoshi sighed. He knew sending Kirishima out there would work. Seeing Katsuki with that familiar smile left Hitoshi feeling better. The younger brother turned away from the window and headed up towards his room.