Somehow I Always End up Writing Hospital Scenes

Hizashi returned to wake slowly. He wasn't sure what woke him. He opened his eyes and winced at the light. Where was he? 

   Images flashed through his mind. Touya's flames. Oh. He had been rescued. He opened his eyes slowly this time and looked around. He was face to face with a doctor. 

   The doctor's mouth moved a bit before he turned to a monitor. Hizashi was pretty sure he was still speaking... 

   "I can't hear you." The words grated Hizashi's throat. 

   The doctor seemed startled before he glanced over the papers in his grasp and made a shocked and somewhat embarrassed face. 'My apologies.' Hizashi made out the words before the doctor turned and disappeared out a door.  

   Hizashi lifted a hand to run his fingers through his hair. It was an oily mess and occasionally was interrupted by bandages. He wanted nothing more but to shower and go to bed in his own home... Where were Shouta and the kids? They had to be here right?

   Hizashi noticed the door move out of the corner of his eye. He looked back that direction again and smiled tiredly. Speak of the devil and he shall come...

   Shouta crossed the room quickly and raised his hands. 'Hello Sunshine.'

   Hizashi moved slowly. He ached a lot from the chains and the limited movement for what... months? Had it been months? He didn't know what day it was yet. 'You look awful Sho.'

   Shouta chuckled lightly. 'How do you feel?'

   'Sore.' Hizashi pouted. 'How long have I been missing...?'

   Shouta made a face. 'That depends... When were you taken?'

   Hizashi ignored the stab of pain he felt. It wasn't Shouta's fault after all... 'It was... A night I was walking home from the show. I was running late. These guys jumped me. You were calling and my phone broke-'

   Shouta gasped sharply. 'Hizashi that was months ago!!!'

   Hizashi winced at the quickness of Shouta's movements. Was he angry? Upset? 'I'm... sorry..'

   Shouta sighed and rubbed his temples. 'Its okay... Are you okay?'

   Hizashi shrugged at that one. He didn't quite know yet...

   Shouta made a face and then turned to talk to the doctor for a moment. He turned back soon. 'You know about the imposter right?'

   Hizashi frowned but nodded in response. 

   'DNA tests were done. They confirmed that he was only impersonating you and you have been cleared of any possible charges for what happened at the camp-'

   'Camp???? It's summer?????' Hizashi had been gone for nearly half a year!!!

   Shouta sighed. 'Let me finish. As I was saying. You're cleared of the charges but they will need a testimony from you to move forward with the case. You'll have to stay here a few more days.'

   Hizashi figured that was the case. 'My hearing aids?'

   'I'll have Touya bring them up later. He was helpign Kat and Toshi move to the dorms.'

   'Dorms?'

  '...You missed a lot, sunshine.'

   Hizashi let his hands fall to his lap for a moment. 'Will you stay..?'

   Shouta smiled lightly. 'Yeah. Sure Zashi.'

   Hizashi was glad.