Dinner Time

Touya was a bit uneasy. Since he told Natsuo he had been in touch quite a bit and he had even talked to Fuyumi over the phone to set this little family dinner up but... It still felt weird to talk to them. As far as he knew Endeavor was still in the dark about him but... The uneasy feeling lingered in the back of his mind. He didn't want to think about the mess that would occur if Endeavor had found out. 

   The conversation with his parents about this dinner was the most pressing part of this whole ordeal. He remembered feeling actually worried. He didn't usually worry much and didn't get why this was so rough for him. 

   "Something on your mind Touya?" Hizashi was usually the first one to notice if someone in the family was acting off. 

   Touya glanced around the table at the rest of his family. Great. Now he was on the spot. "... I have plans with Shoto, Natsuo, and Fuyumi later today."

   For the most part his family had been receptive. Katsuki had been a bit salty but nothing much. Touya left the table feeling better. 

   Touya pulled up to the house and swallowed. 

   Shoto moved to get out of the car but paused seeing his brother's face. "Touya..?"

   "Mmm."

   "Endeavor doesn't know. He isn't even here. He's on a job." Shoto murmured. 

   Touya sighed and turned the car off. "Yeah. I know. It's just... Weird." He opened the car door and went to get out. 

   Shoto nodded as he could understand that. "It'll be fine. Fuyumi is too nice to bring something up and Natsuo loves you. This isn't a big deal."

   "Uh huh." Touya headed up toward the door with Shoto trailing behind. The door was open before he even got there. A moment later he had an arm full of Fuyumi. 

   "Touya!" 

   Touya made and oof sound and caught his sister. A smile split his face. "Wow. Happy to see me?"

   Fuyumi pulled back and gave a slight glare. "We thought you were dead."

   "Okay. From the bottom of my heart.... My bad?"

   "My bad?! My bad!?!??!" Natsuo huffed from the doorway. "You lit yourself on fire and then disappeared!"

   "I said I was sorry!" Touya huffed crossing his arms. If he couldn't hear the humor in their voices he would be pretty worried. 

   Fuyumi sighed. "Oh well... It's in the past. I'm glad you were happy Touya." She gave a small smile. 

   Touya felt a warmth spread through him. "Yeah. I'm... It's good to see you again. When did you get these?" He plucked the glasses off of his sister's face. 

   Fuyumi pouted again. "Give them back!"

   "Damn! You're blind 'Yumi!" Touya huffed pulling the glasses off his own face and handing them back. 

   Fuyumi snatched the glasses back and huffed. "You're a teacher Touya. Act like it."

   "No."

   In the background Natsuo was just about keeled over from laughing and Shoto stood there completely dumbfounded. Is this how families really acted? Were his siblings like this before he was born? 

   Shoto was dragged out of his daze by Touya pulling him in for a headlock. Shoto stared up at Touya with a blank look as Touya continued teasing Fuyumi while Natsuo took his side. 

   Fuyumi was laughing. Natsu was laughing. Even Touya was laughing. Shoto found a smile creeping onto his face. This was nice...