Mother O' Mine

When Shoto first mentioned going to see mother... Touya was working on a case. The case had been a big one focused on a villain organization that sprung up after the fall of All Might. They wanted a fire user on the case but couldn't get Endeavor. So Touya was the next best thing. Touya honestly hated the comparison but it made sense. 

   Endeavor was number one after all...

   The police were talking about bringing other heros onto the team. There was supposed to be a raid of the villain base soon.

   "You seem tense."

   Touya looked up to see Shoto in front of his desk. This had become a rather normal event since they started developing a relationship. "You know, Katsuki said the same thing this morning."

   "Touya... Are you alright?"

   "Yeah. Big case I'm working on. Haven't been sleeping too well." Touya sighed running his fingers through his hair. He looked back down at the stack of tests he'd have to grade at some point...

   "I see. Well I'm going to see mom after school. I already got approval for it."

   Touya went completely rigid. HE stood and slammed his hands on the table. "That's nice Shoto. Listen. I'm super busy. Tell the family I said Hi." 

   Shoto was silent. Moments later Touya heard him retreat to the door and close it behind him. 

   Touya sank back into his chair. Maybe he should get on those tests sooner rather than later...

   After the incident with Endeavor and Hawks and the Nomu... Touya started thinking more. Fuyumi wanted to believe Endeavor's good guy act. 

   Touya was having none of it. 

   It was Natsuo who finally convinced Touya to see Rei. 

   Touya would never admit it but it was clear that on the Todoroki side of his family, Natsuo was the favorite. Even when they were young that was obvious. The two got along like a wildfire.  (Pun intended.)

   "Look this is barely even a hospital man. You'll be fine."

   "This is an entirely different situation. She thought I was dead." 

   "So did we! Besides, Yumi and I already told her about it."

   "Still."

   "Chill out Touya. It'll be fine!"

   Touya was quiet as he followed the younger through the halls. This place certainly felt better than an actual hospital, though he supposed that was part of the point. 

   Natsuo stopped and opened a door... and there she was.

    She looked older and much more tired. Her hair was down. Touya had always seen it up. when did she get so tired that she started wearing it down? Was it after Touya left? Or was it when Shoto's training got bad? 

   Touya felt a lump in his throat as he stood in the door. What was he supposed to say to her?

   Natsuo started. "Hey mom."

   Rei looked away from the window with a small smile forming. "Natsu. Hello." She quickly caught sight of the other man behind Natsuo. Her face changed. "Natsuo... Is this...?"

   Touya swallowed. "Hello-"

   Tears welled up in the woman's eyes. "Oh. Touya-"

   Touya winced at the way she said his name. It was too soft. Too gentle. She should be furious with him...  "It's been a long time."

   "Oh my baby..." She stood up and crossed the room. 

   Touya took into account how she walked. She barely made any noise and she carried herself as if she would break at any touch. She was so fragile...

   And then a cool hand met his face.  

   Touya blinked out of his thoughts and was met by her teary eyes. 

   "You look so grown up..." She smiled with tears still falling down her face. A moment passed. "I like the black. It suits you..."

   Touya let out a short laugh as a few tears escaped his eyes. "Thanks... mom." 

   Rei could only beam as she pulled her oldest into a hug. Finally... She knew all of her babies were safe...