My Loneliness

When Touya figured out there would be other heroes on the raid team he didn't expect the number 2 hero. Touya had met Hawks before. The two only ever had brief interactions though.

   Hawks was a busy man, always too fast for his own good. He never slowed down... Touya felt pity for the guy. He was 22. Not even older than Touya himself... Besides! He had just been in that whole ordeal with the nomu. Was he fit to do this?

   "Well there he is! The man in charge of the mission himself. Finally getting a leadership positions Dabi?" Hawks lighted down with a lazy smile on his face. 

   "Hawks. I figured you'd be resting. I didn't know you were joining us until today." Touya placed a smile on his face. 

   "Eh you know me. Soon as my feathers returned I wanted back out here. So! What's the plan?"

   Touya watched as the other man pushed past and walked into the room. He sighed and followed. "We two are going in the front. We have two more heroes here and here." Touya pointed at the map they were using. "We believe they don't have many hugely dangerous quirks but we're being cautious. The raid takes place when the majority of them are inside so it should just be a case of getting them all overpowered."

   "Sounds great! Easy job."

   "Are you sure you're okay to work? Your wings still look a little sparse." 

   "My wings are fine. So when is this raid?"

   ". . . Tomorrow."

. . .

   When the time came Touya was glad to have Hawks there. It was a bit terrifying knowing that is something went wrong it was all on him.  The plan was pretty straightforward though...

   Until his coolant gear malfunctioned.  

   "Fuck!-"

   Hawks turned his head to the cry and winced as a piece of metal struck him on the cheek. He grabbed Dabi and ducked into a room before locking a door. "Dabi! Dabi are you okay?"

   Touya clutched his arm tightly and stumbled lightly before leaning onto a wall with one shoulder. He could hear the commotion outside but it was muffled behind blood flow in hsi ears. 

   "Dabi!" Hawks huffed and noticed the arm. "Let me see..." He carefully pulled the other mans hand away. 

   The burn underneath was blistering and bleeding with he fabric of the suit melted into the wound. It went from his wrist up to his upper arm. The injury looked bad. 

   "My... My coolant gear malfunctioned..." Touya murmured stumbling and sliding down to sit. "Call it off. Get everyone out..."

   Hawks grit his teeth listening to the ponding away outside. He sent a few feathers to whisk the other teammates outside.... And that was it. He was out of feathers. "We need backup. Now.... Dabi?"

   Touya's head was lolled to the side. He was out cold. 

   "Shit..."