Resolve Pt.3

July 8, 2005 Meiko

Hearing the school bell ring Meiko began to stretch at her desk, as she felt the familiar pops of her muscle loosening with a sigh, "Mhhh, ah! Man, sitting in one place for hours really kills."

"Oi, Meiko." A red-haired girl, with forest green eyes, called back to the dark-haired teen. "Are we good to go do some runs today?"

"Hmm," Meiko hummed, before giving the short-haired girl a pointed glare

"Hmm," Meiko hummed, before giving the short-haired girl a pointed glare. "Don't you have cram school today Yayoi?"

Crinkling her nose, the girl known as Yayoi dropped her head on her desk and began to moan. "Don't remind me! I hate going to those stupid classes, I wish grandma wouldn't make me take them! How the hell did you and your brother even avoid having to take those classes, don't you both suck at math!"

Twitching at her friend's statement, Meiko responded, "Maybe but we still get by, somehow, and besides..." She sent the moaning girl a pointed glare. "We're not the ones fated to take over some clinic."

"Ugh!!! Don't remind me!" Yayoi yelled, aggressively messing with her hair. "Why is it that I gotta be the one to become a doctor and inherit some small family-run clinic! I'm fifteen damn it!"

"But don't you actually like helping around your grandparents' clinic?"

"Not when it means I have to study more!" Yayoi cried, "Medical textbooks are one thing, but who needs illusionary numbers, or Japanese history when it comes to medicine! Who cares about old dead people!"

"You care when they were doctors."

"Only when they actually did something." Yayoi cried, and Meiko sighed, patting the back of the girl's back.

"There there, I'm sure you'll survive."

"So cold..."

Suddenly the classroom door slammed open, and the two girls and their remaining classmates' heads shot up at the person who stood at it.

An out of breath Takuya and Akkun slumped against the third-year classroom door, as he looked up towards Meiko and began to point outside the class. "Takemichi...! School Lockers... Invincible Mikey! Trouble...?"

"Wait, what?" Yayoi confusedly gasped as she turned to look at her glasses-wearing friend.

Eye's narrowing, Meiko shot up from her seat, removing her glasses as she did so, and handing the lens to her friend. "Yai, hold these."

"Wa-wait!" Yayoi yelled, scrambling to stand up and follow as Meiko began to book it from the room. "I wanna watch you beat people up!"

Running down the hall, past some of her fellow third years and other students, before jumping down the stairs, and even kicking off the stair case's wall to make her way down to the ground floor faster.