The Calm... Pt. 2

Authors Note: You know I'm nervous if it takes me forever to write and work isn't the main issue XD Anyway time to see Meiko's side of the reveal hehe, the image above is a loose representation of what Meiko is looking like for the festival only difference being of course that the hair ornament is actually butterfly in theme. So please enjoy and let me know what you think~

August 3rd, 2005 Meiko

Quietly sitting on a stool, Meiko let her hair be combed and curled by a humming woman with long wavy red hair. Yayoi silently sitting close by flipping through a manga as Meiko had her hair done for the festival that night. As this happened though, Meiko's mind could not help but wander back to the day Mikey had asked her to go. The kiss on his cheek and her words to him flashed through her mind.

"You really made my heart race back there, Manjiro-kun."

Face exploding red Meiko struggled to not cover her face as she gripped her yukata's skirt tight. 'JFWKAHD! WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT THAT AGAIN?!' She mentally cried, before puffing up her flushed cheeks as she glared over at Yayoi. The girl casually flipped through her manga as she yawned every now and again bored. 'It's all their fault!' She thought as Yayoi noticed her friends pouting glare from the corner of her eye, passively flipping Meiko off as the dark-haired girl quietly cried to herself. 'All their fault!'

Back on August first, while the girls were hanging out in Hina's bedroom. Emma and Hina were giggling between one another while Emma painted Hina's nails, while Meiko and Yayoi looked through a small selection movies Hina's family-owned while they waited for their own nails to finish drying.

"Hmm, Ju-on?"

"Hell no. You cry like a bitch during ghost horror stories." Yayoi deadpanned.

"Godzilla?"

"Is it the original?"

"No...."

"Denied."

"The Last Samurai?"

"Boring~"

"Tokyo Godfathers?"

"Eh... That feels too much like a Christmas movie."

"Hmm..." Meiko frowned, looking through the movies. "Oh! Battle Royal!" She exclaimed holding the DVD up, Yayoi staring at her annoyed as she responded.

"Reading the manga."

"Fuck!" Chucking the case down, Meiko threw her hands in the air, "Okay! I give up! Emma-chan, Hina-chan, what genre of movie do you wanna watch! Cause apparently I have shitty taste!"

"I never said you had shitty taste." Yayoi sighed, as Meiko sent her a glare.

"You've rejected everything I've recommended."

"This is supposed to be a girl's night Mei!" Yayoi glared back, "You watch most of these movies on a daily basis cause you can't get Takemichi-kun to willingly watch most shit without it being horror or action... which is weird on the horror seeing how the two of you are such cry babies over ghosts."

"Why you gotta be so rude!" Meiko whined as Emma placed down the pink nail polish she had been applying to Hina's nails.

"There that should be the final coat."

"Thank you."

Crawling over to Meiko's and Yayoi's side, Emma randomly reached out into the pile before pulling out a movie. "Let's do a romance, Howl's Moving Castle anyone?" She shook the case a bit, making Hina cheer.