Regret Pt. 1

Authors Notes: Welcome to our first chapter of all original content. May you all enjoy the flower lesson, the future Mikey cameo (we have been robbed seeing more of this version of him and I wish to somewhat correct that if possible), and more~ Enjoy. Merry Christmas~

July 10, 2017 Naoto

Entering his apartment, Naoto looked back at the still distraught Takemichi. It had been a good two hours since his friend Akkun committed suicide, and they had only now been able to return to his apartment space after Takemichi had willingly gone to be questioned by the police. In that time Naoto had collected what records he could from the police database over various Toman-related events of twelve years ago. Unfortunately, there was more than he'd have imagined and Naoto knew he would have to shuffle through the many articles and reports if he wanted to find the right information on Draken and his demise.

Looking outside his window though, he noted the sun beginning to rise and sighed. Turning back to the silent Takemichi he said, "The sun's coming up, we should probably get some sleep and try to... collect ourselves." He closed the blinds to his living room, "It's... been a long night. You okay with sleeping in the office?"

Shrugging Takemichi could only laugh hollowly, "Yeah... That's fine, I was already doing it before." He muttered smiling, shuffling past the concerned Naoto as he slowly made his way to the room.

Naoto hesitated, unsure what he could do or say to the wounded man. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath before calling out to the man. "... Takemichi-kun!" The man stopped right outside the office door. "If... if there is anything that you need. Please," Naoto emphasized. "Don't hesitate to ask...Even if... it's just to talk."

"... Thanks Naoto, I'll... I'll let you know if I do." Takemichi sorrowfully smiled, turning to enter the room only to be stopped once more.

"Takemichi-kun, one more thing."

"...Yes?"

"... I'm sorry for Sendo's death." Naoto sympathetically added, even when he himself still could not tell if should be upset at the deceased man who allowed himself to become a pawn of one of his sister's and Meiko's killers. Or upset to have learned that in the end, the man was just as much a victim to Toman's evil as the two women Takemichi and he desperately wanted to save.

"... Goodnight Naoto." Takemichi simply entered his room then, closing the door shut before leaning against the wood door. Slowly reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out a familiar crumpled pink envelope. '... It's now or never.'

June 28, 2017 Meiko

Before Takemichi started leaping before he began to alter the events of the past to change the future

Before Takemichi started leaping before he began to alter the events of the past to change the future. A certain Hanagaki sibling had spent her final days before death, contemplative and nostalgic.

Sitting silently in the darkness at her apartment's kitchen countertop bar, the twenty-seven-year-old Meiko stared blankly at the finished sheet of paper before her. Her only source of light being a small kitchen light that was directed above the bar. Absently she twirled her pencil in her dominant hand, her second lying motionless on her lap touching her flat stomach.