Reminiscence Pt. 2

Authors Note: Warning this chapter covers a bit on the topics of abuse, mental health, and bullying in a dramatic anime fashion of way. Just look at a silent voice and any other anime that even covers bullying occurring in elementary school to see what I mean. It's original content/backstory time! 

July 20th, 2017 Yayoi

"I thought I noticed someone visiting the apartment." Stepping out onto the late-night rooftop of the apartment building she visited, Yayoi stared quietly at the back of the man who stood silently by the edge of the roof. "You're getting a bit sloppy, Mikey-san. You didn't even bring that mad dog of yours or any of your men. Kinda risky don't you think. 'Specially given this was Mei's place." She scolded lightly, as she walked forward slightly. Stopping before an abandoned photo album laid out between her and the blonde. Her gaze softened as she noticed the album was opened to a page filled with old pictures of Toman. From their middle school days, their day at the beach, and most notably, a few pictures of Draken, Emma, Baji, and Meiko pulled out of the album. Bending down she carefully collected the pulled-out photos, and gently placed them back in their respective pages. Nodding to herself, as she completed her task. 'There we go...'

"... What do you want, Yaichi?" Mikey unemotionally asked, not even so much as sparing the red-haired woman a glance.

"..." Looking away from the pictures, she moved herself forward to where the blonde male stood overlooking the city. "..." Sitting in silence, Yayoi carefully flipped through the abandoned album, eyes passing through newer and older photos before they landed on a single shot of herself with the now-deceased Meiko from their Elementary days. "... Well this thing sure takes me back... Do you mind if I tell you a story?" She received no reply, but smiled to herself. "It's not really a fun story... Probably not even a story you'd even care for..." She admitted, caressing the old photo. "But it's a story... that led me to Meiko."

"Ah~" A young teen girl exclaimed as she and her lover were handed their newborn daughter in her arms, "Look at her! I can't believe we made this, Yasuo look, we made this!" The red-haired girl exclaimed tiredly as her dirty blonde-haired lover smiled down at the whimpering child in his lover's arms.

"She's gorgeous Reina." He smiled to his love, "An absolute cutie, just like her mom."

"Huh?!" The girl, known as Reina exclaimed, "No way! Are you saying I'm so ugly I'm cute?"

"...Reina, don't say that about our baby."

"But babies are so ugly that they loop back around to being cute, Yasuo! Just look at her!"

"I was born in Okinawa to two high school dropouts. My parents having quit school and ran away together when they discovered my mother was pregnant at the age of sixteen. Supposedly back then, my mother was under the impression that if my grandparents knew about her pregnancy that they'd have either disowned her or make her get an abortion or give me up. My father was an orphan himself, and they thought themselves wise and independent beyond their years. So they ran away, eloped, and had me."

"Papapapapa." A young baby Yayoi crawled to her tired father, the dirty blonde-haired boy turned man groaning in his young wife's lap after a long day of work.

"Oof!!" He exclaimed as the year-old Yayoi flopped herself on his stomach, "Ah... Coming to see your old man. Yayoi-chan sure loves her uh... what was that term you're teaching her?"

"Papi." Reina laughed, "And you're not that old you dork."

"Pfft... Well, I feel it."

Baby Yayoi cooed, burying her face into her father's stomach as the man used one hand to pull his little girl fully onto his chest.