Respect Pt. 3

Editor's note: Being pushed into the room by the Author You're a slave driver I tell ya! ...Is this thing already on? ...Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay. Between Author-sama's busy work schedule and my addiction to video games, we're a bit behind schedule. Please. Enjoy the chapter. Okay, Author-sama. You can unlock the door now. Hello? Author-sama...? Welp... Starts googling "how to pick locks" and "can editors unionize?"

Author's note: (swivels in chair) I wonder how long it'll take before he figures out the door was never locked.... oh well~ Here's part 3, part 4 is soon to come~ As usual let us know what you think and enjoy!

August 4th, 2005 Emma

"We're home." Emma quietly called out as she and Mikey entered their home, the honey golden-eyed girl watching curiously as her brother merely yawned loudly before walking past her to head towards his bedroom.

"Looks like he's asleep... We should probably get to bed before he wakes and realizes just how late we came home." Mikey tiredly muttered as Emma frowned.

"When have you ever cared about getting in trouble for coming home late?" Emma asked, only to huff as the older boy simply waved her off as he walked away. "Yeah... yeah... just ignore me and go hide in your room." She muttered pouting as her mind flashed to the image of her brother right after he exited the hospital alongside Meiko and Takemichi. Though unnoticeable to most, Emma had been able to notice the slight puffiness and redness in her brother's eyes that told that he'd been crying. "It's not like I don't already know you were crying..." She huffed under her breath.

"Emma..."

"Eap!" Jumping in place, Emma's head snapped back to see her grandfather tiredly rubbing the sleep out of his eyes with a yawn. "Grandpa... I... Wa... What are you doing here?"

Frowning, the elder man gave his only granddaughter a firm glare, "The better question, young lady, is what were you and your brother doing out so late? I've come to expect this from him but yo–" He asked, his glare softening ever so slightly as he noted the blood stains on her yukata's sleeve and the slight puffiness and tiredness that still framed her usually bright and wide eyes. "What happened...?"

Wetting her lips, Emma nervously looked down at her feet, eyes narrowing ever so slightly before she looked back to her grandfather. "Um... Do you mind if we sit down and talk about this and something?" She asked as she watched her grandfather nod.

"Of course, let me just put some tea to brew while you get changed." He offered.

"Okay." Emma quietly nodded as she went to get change, 'Maybe... I can start up my training again?' She wondered, never noticing as her grandfather watched her go with a thoughtful expression.

"Hmm..."

August 10th, 2005 Takemichi

'August tenth.' Takemichi monologued in his head as he confidently swaggered through the streets. 'A whole week after the huge fight on August third.' From behind him, the Mizo boy's all cringed as they struggled to follow behind their friend and his sudden new fashion statement. 'Rumors brought on even more rumors.'

"Hey, look! It's Takemichi-senpai." Some younger kids close by began whispering to themselves as they saw Takemichi walk by.

"Huh? The guy who shut down that whole battle on August third?"

"For real? Hahaha! Holy shit!"

"Hey did you hear about his sister?"

"Dude, I hear they're like a dynamic duo! She apparently helped with shutting that fight down too." The boys gushed amongst themselves.