Regret P. 2

July 11, 2017 Takemichi

Sitting on a small clinic cot Takemichi found himself changed out of his original wet clothes and into a change of fresh clothes while drying his hair off with a clean white towel. The clinic he sat in was the Shimizu Family Clinic that was owned by Yayoi and her family. Though he and his sister's best friend had never been close, Takemichi was no stranger to the clinic that his sister and he frequented for treatment or help.

The Shimizu clinic was known as a very open and very supportive clinic towards the community. Many families with financial struggles, or kids who'd gotten into scuffles here and there were known to come to the clinic. Takemichi remembered some of his many visits to the clinic in his youth as, at least as far as Takemichi remembered, the clinic was one willing to work with people to get the treatment or help they needed.

'Then again it's been years since I've last been here.' Takemichi silently thought, giving the private office space a quick once over, 'It's definitely changed a bit over the past twelve years. Me and my friends wouldn't even come here to get treated after we were made Kiyomasa-kun's slaves, not with how risky it was that Yayoi might spill to Meimei or even worse... Meimei being here to catch us.' He recalled, remembering how the guys and he had started to get good at first aid just because of those past events.

Looking towards the doctor's desk, Takemichi froze. Standing up from his seat the towel fell, being left behind as the dark-haired man made his way over to the desk. Finding an array of photos from over the years framed on the desk... but the one that stood out most was of his sister and Yayoi from twelves years in the past posing and smiling at the beach with Mikey, Draken, a blonde-haired girl, and a whole bunch of other boys he had never seen. 'Huh, when-?'

"You okay with coffee?" Yayoi walked in, carrying two mugs of hot coffee in hand as she walked up towards Takemichi.

"Um yeah, uh--" Takemichi began to respond as he took the offered beverage from Yayoi. Looking down at the drink a bit concerned.

"Don't worry." Yayoi took a seat on her desk chair, "It's not poison."

"Like I was actually worried about that!" Takemichi rapidly exclaimed, 'Should I be?!'

"Chill idiot. It was a joke." Yayoi sighed, "I made it the same way your sister took her's. I seem to remember that was the only way you could handle it the first time you tried some." Yayoi muttered nostalgically, gazing down at her own dark brew as Takemichi looked down at his own mug solemnly.

"Oh... thank you." Looking back over at the framed pictures he shook his head before asking. "So um... I've got a question?" Takemichi began only to be stopped as he was met with a raised hand of silence from Yayoi as opened what looked like a pack of cigarettes before his eyes with one hand. '... She smokes?'

"Answer mine first." Placing a cigarette in her mouth she offered Takemichi some, only for the young man to aggressively shake his head.

"Oh, I don't smoke!"