Reminiscence Pt. 1

Authors Notes: so this chapter anime-wise is nothing but the Draken back story and bonding between two mom characters, EI Draken and Meiko... and the next part two unlikely characters. This gotta do more with tone though, so enjoy as once the next part is done and edited we shall get Yayoi's Character Bio dropped for well, reasons.

July 20th, 2005 Takemichi

Exiting the hospital, the trio of Mikey, Meiko, and Draken seemingly were unaware of one Takemichi following them close behind as he hid behind one of the building entrance's many pillars. Standing there for a bit, Meiko rubbed her arms a bit with a slight hiss. 'Definitely gonna bruise.'

"You okay?" Mikey asked, frowning looking directly at the girl's covered arms as she nodded to him. His cheeks slightly colored from even just this, as the girl's words from within the hospital still muddled his mind.

"Yeah. It's nothing, really."

Draken frowned at this and gave the girl a slight bow, "Sorry Ei, that's my fault. I should have stepped in when the guy grabbed ya. I didn't think he'd hold you that tight."

Mikey glared at his friend at this, "Yeah, well if you'd just let me–"

"Hey, hey!" Meiko cut in, waving her hands as she stood between the two, "That's enough. I wasn't expecting it either so it's fine." She gave Mikey a particularly stern look as if to imply to drop his glare. "Besides the man was grieving and obviously distressed, I'm sure even he didn't realize just how tight he was holding onto me."

"Still..." Mikey tried to grumble as the girl sighed.

"Look if anything, Kenny here," she gestured to Draken who blinked a few times, surprised at the sudden new nickname that had now been thrown at him in english. "Can just make it up to me if you really feel like it's such a big deal. You don't mind helping me run some errands, right?" She looked to Draken and he nodded realizing this was her attempt to help pacify Mikey.

"Yeah, I got nothing better to do today so I'm good." Draken nodded, just as from down the road Mitsuya drove towards them on his motorcycle.

"Ah, he's here." Meiko waved as the teen pulled up, "Hey, Mitsu-kun." Mitsuya nodded at her in greeting as Mikey moved to get on the bike.

"Hey, Ei. Didn't know you were hanging out with these guys."

"Yeah... You can blame Mikey for that." Meiko shrugged, as Mikey pouted in her direction.

"You weren't complaining earlier."

"And I still ain't." Meiko shot back, flicking the boy in the forehead, "So stop pouting you, big baby."

"I'm not a baby!"

"Can you get Pah-chin to come tomorrow?" Draken asked Mitsuya, deciding to ignore the playful banter between Meiko and Mikey.

"Yeah. I'll have Peh go, too." Mitsuya agreed as Meiko looked between the two boys.

"Intervention?" She casually asked as Draken nodded.

"You can say that."

"Does the warehouse near Second MS work for you?" Mitsuya asked as Draken thought it over with narrowed eyes.

"Yeah."

Nodding Mitsuya gave Meiko a quiet farewell nod, before pushing on the gas so that he could drive forward a bit and U-turning to drive back in the direction he had originally come from with Mikey. Said blonde waving to Meiko and Draken with a "See ya."

As Meiko waved back with her own, "Bye-bye."

Silently watching the scene, Takemichi quickly hid behind the pillar he hid behind when Draken took a second to glare back towards the pillar he hid behind. Seeing where the teen glared at Meiko herself frowned, already knowing what the teen was looking for. "Ne, Draken." She watched as the teen's gaze snapped back towards her, "Should we go?" She pointed to leave, and the male frowned unsure if she realized they were being followed. As she turned to start to walk away though the blonde shrugged, stuffing his hands in his pocket and deciding to simply follow along.