Return Pt.2

Authors Notes: Hello you lovely and beautiful readers, thank you so much for all your support so far with this work. It's time to return to the future with Takemichi, but do not fret... There are things going on from Meiko's side of things that have affected things for Takemichi and his future. So please enjoy. And even tell me what you think ;)

July 9, 2017 Takemichi

"Arrrrgggghhhh!!!!" The now twenty-six-year-old Takemichi shot up from the bed he laid upon, a medical iv attached to his arm stopping him from fully flinging himself off the bed as he cried at his misfortune.

"Takemichi-kun!" Naoto concernedly exclaimed shooting up from his own seat by his work desk to run-up to the still crying man. "You've regained consciousness!?"

"Damn it, I came back!" Takemichi whined as Naoto stopped beside his bedside.

"Huh? Does that mean you were able to go back to the past?" Naoto excitedly began to say, holding up his hand in awe. "So shaking hands really is the trigger."

Turning to glare up at older Naoto crying, Takemichi said, "What the hell were you and Mei-nee doing there, man?!"

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Naoto asked deadpanned, before shrugging the crying man's complaints off. "Anyway, that means my hypothesis was correct!"

"Yeah, good for you, I guess," Takemichi grumbled, covering his eyes while still crying.

"And now you're back." Sniffling at the other man's words, Takemichi looked up to Naoto, noticing the man's sudden change of tone. "I now understand everything." He seriously stated before smiling at Takemichi, "So how'd things go? You came back because something changed, right?"

Realizing what the other dark-haired male asked, Takemichi became nervous as he began to explain. "Well... I may have... sorta... accidentally shook your hand in the past..."

"You shook my hand by mistake?!" Naoto snapped clinching both of his hands into fists. "You need to take this seriously!" He yelled, as Takemichi embarrassedly rubbed the back of his head.

"Sorry..."

Finally calming down from his annoyance at the Hanagaki male, Naoto pulled him off the iv drip he'd been on and began to discuss the new info they had learned. "There's something we know now because of your second trip into the past."

"Oh?"

Walking to one of his makeshift office's whiteboards he began to draw a diagram on the untouched board. "Your ability to time travel allows you to return exactly twelve years into the past. For example, today, you'd go back to today twelve years ago, and if you come back here after spending a week there, a week would've also passed here." He explained drawing what he was saying. "And while you were back in the past, your body was in suspended animation."

"Wait, so I was dead?" Takemichi concernedly exclaimed as Naoto began to clarify.

"It means that only your empty shell remains here in the present. Meaning you stayed in a 'death-like state.' You could think of it like a coma of sorts."

"Ah, so that's what you meant by 'suspended animation.'"

"It's very dangerous, so whenever you're going to time travel again, we'll make sure you're in my room. I've already secured the means to keep taking care of your body while you're away." Naoto explained, gesturing to the iv drip Takemichi had been originally connected to. "So how did the mission to keep Sano and Kisaki from ever meeting go?"

"Uh... Well..." Becoming nervous once more, Takemichi admitted, "I met Mikey-kun."

"Mikey?" Naoto confusedly repeated before realization hit him, "Oh, you mean Sano."