Trigger Pt. 1

Authors Note: This took way too long to post and write, but that might be partially my own fault cause of work and shit and figuring out how things should be written. Also, I need to know since people keep pointing this out in the comments. Yayoi and Mitsuya are ya'll seriously shipping them, should I consider making this a thing in a side story or in this. XD

July 20th, 2017 Yayoi

"Ka, ah–" Coughing as she was released from Mikey's grasp, Yayoi desperately clung to the rooftops' stone railing. Doing her best to keep herself standing as she eyed the murderous blonde male, and collapsed only once he determinedly walked past the second division captain.

"Yai!" Mitsuya worriedly called out running to the female's side, getting down to his knees he moved his hand towards her neck. "Let me see..."

"I'm fine Taka..." She hoarsely coughed out but allowed the man to check the agitated area. "He... just caught me off guard."

Mitsuya's eyes narrowed angrily, "Caught you off– Yayoi he could have killed you! The hell were you thinking coming up here and talking to him alone. I told you to wait for me downstairs." Looking down at the ground Mitsuya grit his teeth, "You know Mikey–"

"Is completely murderous and insane ." Yayoi sarcastically laughed, "Yeah... It's kinda hard to not notice." She dryly commented rubbing her neck, "Not that we didn't already know he was a ticking time bomb waiting to go off..." She darkly muttered as Mitsuya sent her a glare.

"Ya–"

"Oh don't you even dare." She snapped, meeting his glare, "I've always felt like there was something off of that– that man!" She pointed in the direction Mikey had left, "Like there was something just underneath the surface waiting to come out since we were kids!" She admitted, "But I never said shit because you all seemed to have it under control. He seemed to have it under control, Mei seemed to have it under control. Even with your damn gang going to complete shit, there was at least a small thread of hope that... that the man wasn't completely off the edge, but now—" She threw her hands in the air, "He just about killed me for trying to empathize with him, he would have killed Takemichi-kun if Kisaki's whole attempt on the guy's life after Mei and Hinata's death hadn't come to light. He's on a fucking warpath."

"Of course he is Yayoi!" Mitsuya yelled, "After what Kisaki did–"

"After?! Our friends are dead cause of him!" Yayoi snapped tears brimming in her eyes, "That bastard's been screwing with us, all of us!" She yelled, "For years! That bastard should have been dead long ago!" Her voice cracked, as she slumped before the male. "Twelve years... Dios mio, por que? Twelve fucking years, how the hell did that monster get away with this shit for so long..." She angrily shook, "... How could you guys let him get away with things for so FUCKING long! Was Matsuno really the only one looking into this crap!"

Mitsuya's eyes softened with guilt at this, after all it was true. The frustration and pain Yayoi showed were all warranted given what had come to light after Meiko's death. Though neither girl was entwined within Toman's politics and darker dealings, primarily in part due to Mikey's own insistence and careful maneuverings to ensure a form of distance between them, and even keep Kisaki away from the pair for a time. The girls were unfortunately still connected to the dark underworld of Tokyo through their connections with Mikey, and the surviving members that still loyally served the man. Not just them, but other people, like Mitsuya's own younger sisters and mother, were sadly still connected to their mess.

"... You're right," Mitsuya muttered, recalling the day Draken died. "It's our own faults. We should have realized more was going on, with how things went back then... Maybe if we did..."