Releap Pt. 2

Authors note: This might literally end up being 4 or 5 parts now, BRAIN STOP MAKING OG CONTENT AND PADDING OUT SHIT! Enjoy me trying to explain technically not plot holes, while also expanding on characters' relationships.

July 19th, 2005 Emma

"Hello~!" Meiko waved with her only free hand, as she carried a small convenience store bag in her other filled with some sweets and a drink. "Sorry to scare ya."

"Yo." Yayoi greeted from around her candy cigarettes, hands occupied by a can of Coffee and a bookstore bag full of textbooks.

"Mei-chan, Yai-chan..." Emma sighed in relief with her hand clutched over her racing heart, "What are you doing here?"

"Oh!" Meiko gestured to Yayoi as the girl held up her bag, "Well there was a flash sale happening in a bookstore nearby that Yai likes. She had cram school today, so I went and got them for her till she got out." She explained.

"We met up here so I could pay her back, and get myself some brain food," Yayoi explained, shaking her can of coffee and candy cigarettes, as Meiko hummed.

"Yep."

"I see." Emma smiled, "That's nice."

Yayoi sighed in relief, smiling, "Tell me about it. I've been waiting to get these mangas and high school cram books for weeks now. Thank god for sales!"

"Hey!" Meiko deadpanned, "I was the one who went and got them."

Yayoi happily nodded, bumping her shoulder into Meiko's, "And I will forever be grateful."

"Damn right you will," Meiko smirked, and Emma could not help feel at peace now that she had the two girls to help distract her from her woes.

"So, Em-chan. How's it going? Is everything okay with you and Draken?" Meiko concernedly asked, accidentally bringing back up the very thing that had had Emma upset. "Ah!" Meiko became slightly panicked as she noticed Emma's face become flushed, and her cheeks puff out upset. "... That bad?"

Emma couldn't help but look away embarrassed, "I don't wanna talk about it!"

"Oh, sweety." Meiko frowned, Yayoi winced sympathetically.

"Ouch. That bad?" Meiko smacked her, "Ow!" Yayoi winced, rubbing her arm. "What'd I say?" Yayoi gasped as Meiko sent her firm glare.

"There, there sweety. It's alright!" Meiko cooed, pulling Emma close, "There's no need to be embarrassed, I'm sure whatever it is that's got you upset will be okay."

Letting herself be pulled into the older girl's arms, Emma continued to pout embarrassed. "...Really?"

"Of course." Meiko nodded, holding Emma closer.

"Even if... it's sorta my fault?" Emma muttered, trying to figure out what she would do now that her original plans had been derailed.

Meiko stopped caressing the girl's head as she recognized the tone of voice Emma had taken. "Oh Emma-chan what did you do?" The tone of a child who'd just gotten into trouble.

Emma winced, realizing Meiko had quickly picked up on her guilt. "Well..." She began to open her mouth reluctantly preparing to recount her ordeal, she sighed in relief when her cell phone suddenly went off. 'Oh thank God!' She thought, pulling away from the dark-haired teen's arms to pull out the phone from the pocket of her skirt. "Oh~ Will you look at that, it's Mikey! Better pick this up! I'mma just take this right over there."

Meiko sent Emma a familiar disappointed sisterly glare, "We are not done with this talk Emma-chan." She watched Emma walk away slightly to take her call, Meiko's hands firmly on her hips as she stared the teen down.