#23 Forget the past?

-TAEHYUNG POV-
After about 5 minutes she parted her lips from mine, resting her forehead on mine. The two of us looked down, breathing heavily to catch our breaths.

She finally separated from me completely, though her hands were around my neck and that's when she looked at me straight into my eyes.

"I don't know what you feel about me but..." she began very confidently but hesitated before saying what she said next "...I think I have started to love you taehyung" she finished her sentence and bit her bottom lip while tightly closing her eyes.

"I-I know you don't love me back but I-i just wanted you to know that I do... It's ok you can still hate me like you always did" she said finally leaving me completely and looking to the other side making circles with her index finger on the mattress.

I didn't know exactly what to say or how I felt so I chose to change the topic. "Yo-you should sleep now... I am sitting outside until everyone comes" I said and stood up but she held my wrist and I looked at her though I didn't want to face her at that moment because of how flushed my cheeks were.

"Don't tell anyone anything about today.... Let's not tell them for now..." She said not looking at me "hmm ok" I replied and she left my hand and I quickly left the place.

As soon as I stepped out I held my chest and could feel my heart pounding like crazy inside my rib cage. I looked up at the sky, trying to process what all just happened.

Sh-she kissed me!

My first kiss...

And that's when I realized I have never had a kiss before, neither have I ever had a girlfriend before and that all because there have been only two girls in my life- Ash and Ashley

My life had been revolving around them since forever and I didn't even realise it.

But-

She loves me...

I don't know why my stomach did a summer sault when she said she liked me. Do I... also have... feelings for her?

I thought of her and then again the scene from my childhood flashed in front of my eyes. That lady... Looking exactly like Ashley... The same features... The same gestures... Everything Ashley did, reminded me of her...

But then it suddenly strike me. Whatever happened that day has nothing to with Ashley.... That lady had nothing to do with Ashley... Or maybe she does...

I don't what is happening... I felt so frustrated... I looked up at the sky again "eomma! Tell me something... What should I do? Do you like her? Should I... forget about the past and hear what my heart wants me to tell?"

As soon as I finished speaking, I saw a meteorite moving across the sky leaving a trail of white streak behind it, which also disappeared as the star did.

Eh? What does that mean? What should I conclude from that? I know it'd be stupid to think that mom replied just by seeing a meteorite... But what if she actually did it? What if she actually wants me to move on?

I brushed those thoughts out of my head as I saw Jungkook and Seulmin coming with their fingers interwined.

"What happened hyung? Why are you standing here?" Jungkook asked me. "I-umm-i just came to get some fresh air... I was just going back" I said, walking towards our tent while he just replied with an 'ok'.

----END OF CH. 23----