#34 Truth revealed

-ASHLEY'S MOM POV-

She handed me a paper and I read the headline and I was shocked. How did she get it? And then I remembered all the incidents of that day.

Everything about that day is still engraved on my mind that I remember that day as if it was yesterday. I regret that day of my life the most... Two people died because of me that day...

I was brought back to reality when Ashley held my left arm and then I looked at the boy beside her. He looked angry... Wait is he... her son?

"You-" I began but was cut in the middle of my sentence when he spoke! "Yes! Me! I am the same boy whom you promised to come back and save my mom but never came back! I trusted you and waited for you there while my mom was loosing all her blood in front of me! I couldn't do anything!" He spat those words straight to my face and I just stood there wanting to speak but nothing left my mouth.

-ASHLEY POV-

Taehyung started screaming all of a sudden and mom turned into a stone. I don't know what to do anymore. I tried to calm him down but he was so angry that je pushed me unintentionally and kept glaring at mom until I scratched my hand from somewhere and a squeal left my mouth.

"Ouch" I said as I stumbled backwards, gaining both of their attentions. "Are you okay???" Both of them said at the same time and walked upto me.

"I-i am sorry! Show me where are you hurt!" Taehyung said taking my hand in his looking extremely concerned and guilty. "I am fine Taehyung it's just a scratch... But please let's hear her out first Please be calm... Please" I said and his eyes softened as he nodded.

*Time Skip*

We were sitting in the living room and mom said she needs to bring something to explain everything to him and after about 5 minutes, she came back with the same aesthetic box from the store room.

She placed it in front of us and sat opposite to us. "Please hear me out once... I promise I won't even deny once if you want to get me arrested after this" She said and I looked at Taehyung.

No expressions.

Mom inserted the key in the keyhole of the box and I could see the nerves bulging out from the sides of Taehyung's forehead due to anger.

I slowly extended my hand and held his and he looked at me, his expressions easing. He licked his bottom lip in nervousness and I nodded while slightly squeezing his hand to make sure to tell him that I'll be there for him.

We looked and Mom as she finally opened the box which had so many papers in it. She started with taking out all the newspapers one by one, placing them in front of us.

"That day..." she started looking at the newspapers she had just placed in front of us and then looking at me "as you must remember Ashley.... was your birthday" she said reminding of that day.

-TAEHYUNG POV-

I looked at Ashley as her mom mentioned about that day being her birthday and I don't know why her expressions drained and she pursed her lips trying to control her tears.

And that's when her mom turned to look at me "Ashley was a decent girl, but somewhat stubborn..." she said looking at me "it was her birthday and she wanted a dress she saw in the mall a month ago and being her dad's princess, her dad agreed to buy it for her"

She said and I don't know why felt a bit frustrated because she was telling unnecessary things but I kept in my anger and let he continue.

"When they were coming back from the mall, they were caught into an accident... A hit and run case." She said and looked down at her lap and I glanced at Ashley who had already started to cry and caressed the back of her hand with my thumb.

"I received a call from the hospital and they told me that he was loosing blood... I had the same blood group so I had to reach there asap and on my way I accidentally hit your car" she said and I clenched my jaw at the mention of it.

"I know I promised you to come back but..." her voice started breaking "...how could I be there when I had to be at my husband's funeral?" and the two ladies in the room burst into tears.

"But I came....trust me I did... Ashley's father passed away and I had to be at his funeral to bid him final goodbye but I wasn't there... Because I went to see you" she said and I looked at Ashley just to find her equally shocked as me.

"I went there but it was too late... When I reached there the area was sealed and I came to know that your mom had already passed away. Trust me Taehyung I did come back.... I kept my promise... Though it was of no use anyways I was late... I was late because I was busy grieving over my husband's death but I came" she said wiping her tears and stood up turning around.

"I killed two people that day... I deserve to be killed too" she said and sighed heavily before turning to face us again.

"Report me... Send me for lifetime imprisonment but..." she paused walking upto me "...but take care of my daughter... Only you can do it... So take care of her for me" she said while looking at Ashley while she looked at her mom in disbelief.

Ashley turned to look at me with pleading eyes when I spoke up "Okay! I all do as you wish" I said Ashley looked at me in pure hatred.

"How could you?" the words left her mouth as she stood up and slapped me and said "I HATE YOU KIM TAEHYUNG I HATE YOU SO MU-" before she could complete her sentence, she fainted.

              ----END OF CH. 34----