#28 Gift?

-ASHLEY POV-

After the school was over I quickly went to the library and sat on the corner most bench. I took out all the sheets and the perfume and started wrapping it.

I took an empty box and put some colourful crinkled paper strips in it and then carefully placed the box of perfume inside it. I then added some thermocol balls into it and I was done.

As I was about to close the box when I remembered that I forgot to put the card in it. I quickly opened it back and then took a turquoise green coloured pastel sheet and decorated it with some washi tapes and irregular torn sheets and some stickers and finally started to write.

To the person who had made me the happiest in past 1½ years,
Thank You so much my best friend, I am so lucky to have you in my life. You came to me in my hardest days and never left again and I hope we stay friends for eternity.
Happy Birthday, You're the best! <3

I made the little heart and quickly folded it into half and put it in the envelope. I sealed the envelop with a cute little tiger sticker and wrote 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' on it too.

I then placed the envelope also inside the box and finally closed it and wrapped it with sky blue wrapping sheet with golden polka dots.

As I was about to place the bow on top of the box, someone appeared from nowhere and startled me.

-TAEHYUNG POV-

After our little celebration, everyone decided to meet up at my house for party but she denied. I don't know what's wrong with her... Just being the mood spoiler all the time.

After everyone had left I went to search for her and finally found her in the library. But what she doing?
Is she... preparing a gift... maybe for me?

I quickly walked upto her, trying to contain in my excitement and sat beside her, startling her unintentionally.

"Yaahhhh! What are you doing? You almost ruined it" she said pouting. "It's ok it's gonna come to me anyways... You really didn't have work so hard over it" I said taking the box from her hands.

"Who said that it's for you? Stop daydreaming Kim Taehyung" she said, taking back the box from my hands.

-ASHLEY POV-

I took back the box from him and completed the last bit of decoration, finally moving back and admiring my work.

That's when I noticed him sitting beside me with his head low. I looked closely at his slightly chubby pouty cheeks, his fine pink lips and his long silky hair lying straight, away from his forehead as his head was hanging low.

"Cute"

The word left my mouth unknowingly and he looked up making me blush so hard.

"Is that really not for me?" he said looking like baby who is just about to cry. "Ahhh Taehyung-ah~ you're making me feel bad... I really didn't know that it's your birthday too" I said and he sat back straight.

"Fine" he said and pouted and started searching something in his bag.

-TAEHYUNG POV-

I was searching for the papers in my bag when suddenly a fist appeared in front of me. I looked up at the owner and I found an awkward-faced Ashley.

"I know this makes no sense but... here" she opened her fist revealing a hairpin. "Eh?" the word left my mouth unintentionally and she continued "that's my favorite pin, I give it to you as your birthday present... Don't lose it! and I promise I'll give you something better next time" she said and handed me the pin.

I was carefully looking at the hairpin... It was cute. I didn't even realise when I started to smile. "Cute" I heard her say. "I know" I said and looked at her just to find her cheeks flushed red.

"I-i was talking about the pin" I said realising that she was actually calling me cute. "Ah umm... Me too" she replied and quickly started winding up.

"Thank You... For the gift" I said and she just smiled slightly. "Ok I must leave now" she said zipping up her bag and looking at me.

"Oh wait! I almost forgot why I came here" I said and she looked at me confused.

-ASHLEY POV-

He handed me some papers and signalled me to read them. I read the paragraphs and realised it was a complaint letter about sexual harassment against Sehun.

I looked at him with big eyes and he understood my concern before I said anything "Don't worry only the principle knows and she promised me that she would keep it to herself... You just need to sign the papers so that we can get him kicked out of the school" he said and I sighed in relief.

"Thank You so much Taehyung but... I told you not to bother yourself anymore with this... I could've handled it myself" I said looking down.

"Yah nerd... I didn't do it for you... I did it for Jimin" he said and I looked at him with raised eyebrows. "I didn't want you to ruin his dates with Seongrin every time that scumbag bothered you" he continued.

"Pfft of course what else did I even expect from a jerk like you" I said and signed the paper.

-TAEHYUNG POV-

I handled it in time... (sighs)

----END OF CH. 28----