CHAPTER 1- Dreams are beautiful

"Dadiya (grandma),,,wake up........i'm getting late....now who will give me my lucky forehead kiss......i think today i have to go without my lucky charm.....today dadiya is angry...she will not give you any kiss......then go and begin an unlucky day......god knows may be i would die today....."

Sejal sat by making a sad pout beside her sleeping dadiya. She just finished her sentence and immediately dadiya caught sejal's ear.

"Ahhh,,,,dadiya...It's paining"

"Aur marungi,,,subah subah itna apshabd kaise bol rahi hai?? Ha hu main gussa,,nahi baat karni tujhse....."- her garndma scolded her.

(Yes, i will beat you more.....don't speak bad things in the morning....yes, i'm mad at you and i will not talk to you)

"but why dadiya?"- she asked innocently.

"You have sold your ring?? Why??? Just because my greedy daughter in law asked for some money??? Why baccha (kid)??? When will you start thinking about yourself?? No one cares about your sacrifices.....both my son and daughter in law are utilising you....why are you that much innocent?? Try to say no sometimes......"

Sejal lowered her gaze. Sefali cupped her face gently.

"Baccha, if you stay like that much naive always, then the bad people will conspire against you.....you have to be a little selfish....sometimes we need to hold our precious things to ourselves......sacrifice is not good always....."- sefali tried to make her understand.

"Rina bhabhi told me that her father is ill, so i sold that ring and gave her money"- she mentioned little hesitantly.

Sefali nodded her head in disbelief.

"And you know, last night satish and rina went for dinner in a lavish restaurant,,,,vimla told me that they had seen their photos on facebook....now tell me if someone's father is ill, do they went for dinner in a costly place?? They always deceived you baccha....."

Sejal looked at her dadiya in disbelief.

It is beyond her imagination that some people can tell lie that easily. Yesterday rina bhabhi cried infront of her. Her heart ached so badly after hearing her cry and tears also gathered into her eyes. She never able to stand anyone's sad face.

She has no money left at that time because her fellowship of that month didn't credited. So, she didn't think twice before selling that ring. Afterall someone's life is more important than just a simple ring. And also being a medical student her utmost priority is to save life at any cost. So, she just did that. But now when dadiya told her the truth, she felt hurt.

Dadiya noticed her sorrow face. She took her on her embrace.

"Baccha,,,you are an intelligent girl but why you trust people so easily? Sometimes you need to be careful"- dadiya spoke very gently.

Sejal lift her head and smiled very softly.

"Dadiya, if someone deceived me,,that's not my fault,,,It's their loss.....trust is all i have....if we can't trust people around us then how could we live a happy and peaceful life? May be we get deception but one day we will get solace...."

Dadiya looked at sejal lovingly. This girl is her life. She found her in a temple crying and begging for food. She was 6 yr old girl then. She was looking like a lost star who has fallen in earth and asking for help. That day sefali took her in her embrace.

From then this girl became the reason for her living. But sometimes she get worried for her. She is way too innocent for this world.

"What happened dadiya?"