CHAPTER 34: Birthday kiss

Sejal's pov

I opened my eyes with a gentle kiss on my forehead.

"Happy birthday my baccha...."

I hugged dadiya still by closing my eyes. After a long time i had spent a peaceful night on my own bed.

Yesterday i came back to my house. I didn't want to go back there. I called dadiya last night and she came here with me.

"Mera baccha uth jao..."- dadiya was caressing my forehead.

But today laziness is covering me. So i shook my head still closing my eyes. But dadiya used her old technique and started to tickle me. I broke out in laughter and finally opened my eyes.

"Dadiya.....let me sleep"- i whined.

"No never....we have to go to the temple for puja and then we will go to the orphanage..."

I smiled broadly. Every year in my birthday we go to these places. But also i visit another place very secretly every year without dadiya's knowledge. I go to my childhood home where me and my mumma had spent the last days of our togetherness. We stayed as tenets there. Now the home is abandoned and broken but i went there to cherish my divine memories. Dadiya doesn't know about this.

One day i will buy that home too and decorate it just like my childhood days. My eyes warmed after thinking about this and immediately i went inside the bathroom. I always cry by hiding.

I started to take bath. This is not my birthday actually. I don't know about my date of birth. I was too small to remember the date.

This is the day when my dadiya found me near the temple. A very vague memory flashed in my mind. I don't remember properly the day. May be my stepsister's birthday party was going on. My stepmom hold my hand and took me away from the party. She told me that my mumma is waiting for me.

I remember that was the last time i saw my father. He was smiling at me from far in the crowd. My papa has the purest smile of this world.

"Mom, let's take papa with us...he also want to meet mumma...."

"No no....don't tell him anything, we will give him a big surprise, now let's go"

"But i didn't wish di yet....it's her birthday....let me wish her..."

"Then your mumma will again hide in some places...don't waste time sejal"

I cried by keeping my head into the bathroom wall. Those memories are so much painful. Still i don't know why she left me like that. I have never ever shared this pain of mine with anyone. These are buried very secretly in my heart.

Still i cry for that little orphan girl who was crying standing at the temple for her mumma. No one came for her rescue.

But next day an angel came. He was a boy of 10 year or 12 year probably. He cleared my tears and consoled me. He told me to wait for him and gave me a toy horse. I still remember his words.

"Don't cry little girl...i will come for you...i will talk to my grandpa and he will take you to our house...we had a big house...will you wait for me little girl?"

I smiled by clearing my tears. That was the first good thing that happened to me that day. Then my dadiya saw me and rescued me. But still i remember that boy who showed that much humanity to a small helpless girl that day. I wish i could meet him again. But i have nothing except that toy horse with me.

"Sejal??"

My trance broke with dadiya's voice. I came out of the bathroom.

"Mr. Khanna is calling.....i think you should call him and tell him it's your birthday"- dadiya said with a smile.